cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Webmail is now closing down - it's official !

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been an active O2 webmail user for many years and during this time we have been told countless times that the O2 webmail service is closing down.   Despite this, I have CONTINUED to use the O2 webmail service.  Athough recently, I have experienced major time delays in getting my email.    I can still logon and send emails from my webmail address without any problem.    Yes, that's right.

However, all good things must end, so they say.    I have just received a message from The O2 Team confirming that the webmail service will be closing on Monday 20th June 2016.  

I am very pleased that O2 made the decision to write to all their webmail customers.   Which I can tell you is quite out of character for O2..    Usually we are kept completely in the dark.     Anyway, credit where it's due!

I shall be very sad to lose my webmail facilities and I have arranged to transfer all emails to SKY.   I am  hoping that the O2 forwarding service actually works.

Goodbye and good luck !

Fishtank.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144648 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Gmail for me - that ain't going anywhere anytime soon wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 44

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23146 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Yes, I use Gmail, but I also use Thunderbird on my desktop (yes I still have a desktop) and that pretty much covers me.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I use Gmail and Outlook. (My BT internet address emails go into Outlook)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 44

MI5
  • 144648 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
It's a good idea to use Outlook, Thunderbird etc as it provides you with a permanent copy of your emails, as long as you remember to back up your pc too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 44

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Gmail and Windows Live Mail on my laptop which is backed up regularly to external HD.

I use several Gmail addresses depending on the end purpose, so I have a purely private one for friends/family/trusted people, one for online banking/finance/insurance, one for online shopping etc

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 44

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
wow - good luck keeping track of that lot!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 44

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
wow - good luck keeping track of that lot!!

As soon as spam becomes a problem, usually with the shopping one, I change it......otherwise there's no need to keep track slight_smile 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 17 of 44

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I too have Gmail addresses. So easy to close down if necessary for spam. I use Outlook on the laptop and Thunderbird on the tablet. I find it a strange coincidence that my yahoo address which I use for nothing other than signing on here is suddenly inundated with around 40 or 50 spam messages a day. Time for that one to go I think....

Message 18 of 44

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I've never tried Thunderbird, but shall take a look. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 19 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 didn't tell me!!!  Service from O2 has deteriorated so much in recent times (since they sold off the home broadband). But the webmail shut down seems to coincide with a major problem that I've been getting with my o2 email seemingly hacked late June and my not being able to access the webmail to change my password.

Message 20 of 44