Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel

MartynW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently in the United States. I travelled here on Nov 9th. I have just received notification of my latest bill and find a daily charge of £4.16 adding up to £104.

I do not recall ordering this service, and have only used the phone sparingly for text messages.

I would like someone to explain why I am being charged so much.

Thanks, Martyn

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
It sounds as though you are paying the daily charge which gives you 120 minutes of calls and 120 texts for £4.99 (after tax).
See advice on the link below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Contract-with-O2-Travel-Inclusive-75-Free-Countries-a...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
It sounds as though you are paying the daily charge which gives you 120 minutes of calls and 120 texts for £4.99 (after tax).
See advice on the link below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Contract-with-O2-Travel-Inclusive-75-Free-Countries-a...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @MartynW

You will be charged at international rates if you dont have O2 Travel Bolt on or O2 travel Exclusive. These should have been checked before you left home

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

It appears you have O2 Travel. The daily rate is £4.99 per day. This charge will be triggered if you send one text

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Our usual advice is to use Wifi wherever possible. Keep in touch with friends and family via Messenger Whatsapp and Skype. If using WiFi... Turn data roaming/mobile data off and you wont be charged.

Also Voicemail should be off.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @MartynW, sorry to hear that you've had unexpected charges on your bill. Would the above information from our members @gmarkj and @Cleoriff help explain this for you? slight_smile Please let us know how you're getting on.

Message 5 of 5