Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive

Wild
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I moved to a new monthly contract which supposedly has Travel Inclusive. I am now in Australia and have received a text saying I have reached my £48 limit and data is no longer available. What do I do to get my phone on the O2travel inclusive tariff and get the £48 removed? Do I have to do something to activate the “Inclusive travel”? I checked this on an online chat before leaving home and was told that it would start automatically once in Australia.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes you will have it and it should show in your MyO2 as a bolt on when it updates.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 24

Wild
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

My experience is outlined above. I have continually been told that “it will all be sorted out by the time of my next bill”. They have 3 more days to sort it! My account is also showing the ordinary travel addon and I am being charged the £4.99 a day so I am using it carefully until I find out if I have a battle with o2 on my return to the uk in November. I am finding it rather worrying seeing the amounts going up every day when I tried to get a tariff which gave me peace of mind while away. I will come back on the 19th when my bill is due to let you know if it really is sorted. O2 certainly seem to have got in a pickle with this one.

Message 12 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Wild

I agree, O2 have really messed up with O2 Travel Inclusive. You need to persevere with O2 when you return home.  I doubt the refund will show on this months bill. More likely to be next month.

However, please let us know what happens, as this will help many others in the same situation

Best of luck. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 24

Wild
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well guess what? The O2 Travel Inclusive has not been sorted out before my bill as promised in two online chats and a 202 call. I have been charged over £89 instead of the £22 for the 20 gb tariff with Travel Inclusive. I will try another call today and then go to the Resolver site to see if that does anything. 

Again in I will keep this discussion updated if I get any further.

Message 14 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@WildI personally think it will be corrected before your next bill, but keep persevering. Ignore live chat.

They have very little input into account issues. You need to speak again to customer services.

I will also tag in @Martin-O2, one of our community managers, to see if he can advise when those who have been overcharged with O2 Travel Inclusive will be refunded

O2 have made an error with this and they should be rushing to correct it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 24

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's all very well them saying it will be sorted next bill, that doesn't stop O2 taking the full amount by DD. 

Message 16 of 24

Wild
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am pleased to say that as of about 6.00 pm uk time I have o2 Travel Inclusive Zone clearly showing in the addon in my account and I have had a secure message from the Resolution Centre at O2 saying that all the excess payments will be credited to my account. I emailed resolutionexpert@o2.com on the 12th September and it has taken a week. My advice to anyone getting onto these tariffs is to do it well before you travel and persist with O2 to make sure that you have “O2  Travel Inclusive Zone” clearly showing in your account addons before you travel. I think the idea of the inclusive zone tariffs is a good one and I hope O2 can get the process working better very soon.

Many thanks for the encouragement to persevere from all community members above. 

Message 17 of 24

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's excellent news @Wild Really pleased for you. Well done for persevering wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 24

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That's great to hear @Wild! This issue should now be resolved for everyone however if anyone is still having problems please let me know. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 24