cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive Zone -- which countries can be called/texted ***to*** for free?

HohohoTwo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The O2 Travel Inclusive Zone is described as "a daily allowance of unlimited texts, minutes, and data roaming in 27 of our international O2 Travel destinations".

What can the daily allowance of unlimited texts and minutes be used to make calls/send texts to?

Just within the country I'm in?

The country I'm in and back to the UK?

Any country in the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone and back to the UK?

Any country in the world?

Also, just double-checking: the data allowance is unlimited, i.e. this is better than EU roaming (where the allowance is my plan's allowance, or 25 GB, whichever is lower) and doesn't eat into my plan's allowance?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7848 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

That's come up before and it is very badly worded. (O2 are good at that) 

It can be interpreted two ways. Try phoning France from Germany....you will be charged

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 11 of 20

HohohoTwo
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hm, I'm struggling to see how the wording can be interpreted in any way other than allowing Germany-to-France for free.  I expect to be in the EU in a few months' time, so I'll try to remember to give it a go then (I have a £0 spend cap, so it should be immediately obvious).

Message 12 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149128 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

Calls between EU countries are included when roaming in EU @HohohoTwo 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 20

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38295 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

@HohohoTwo - https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe

What’s included at no extra charge?

• Making calls and sending texts within our Europe Zone (excluding the UK), to any other country in our Europe Zone (including the UK).
  • Receiving calls and texts in our Europe Zone.
  • Using your monthly data allowance whilst in our Europe Zone. Subject to our Roaming Limit.

Calls from one EU country to another when roaming in the EU are taken from your allowance, no extra charge.

Good luck!

Message 14 of 20

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7848 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

Got that wrong.

Sadly my Europe days ended with Brexit, for a number of reasons

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 20

pgn
  • 38295 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Sadly my Europe days ended with Brexit, for a number of reasons

All the more reason to make a break and get away somewhere different - Ireland is still a possibility, @Enlli thumbsup

That said, O2 roaming is an even bigger mess there of late 😭

Message 16 of 20

HohohoTwo
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, this is what I quoted above!

Message 17 of 20

pgn
  • 38295 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

Was an error, as you will see from @Enlli's comment - hopefully all cleared up. Just watch out for edge cases like Cyprus Guide: Roaming in Turkey and Cyprus and parts of Greece eg Corfu and Albania or some of the islands and Turkey, and you should be good @HohohoTwo(in Europe anyway).

Message 18 of 20

HohohoTwo
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I understand Andorra also catches people out.  (Now that I think of it, I wonder what happens around Kaliningrad -- I suppose there are currently at least no roaming partners there so no risk of accident!)

Message 19 of 20

pgn
  • 38295 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

The Isle of Man catches out those PAYG users who forget to turn data off on the ferry between Liverpool and Belfast too, as the ferry passes just south of IoM, much to their chagrin...

Message 20 of 20