cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Tariffs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are O2 tariffs all Refresh now or is it cus myt upgrade date isnt until 22nd january that im getting nothing but these tariffs on the site?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well thats what you have to put up with if you take a 24 month contract I guess. Theres nothing to suggest that Refresh is going to be better for me personally. For example in a year when an even better Nokia or even iPhone 6s is released I may not be able to afford a new handset.

In a year's tiime you could pay off the phone and not have to pay the rest of the contract by using Refresh!

In a year's time it might be 3 you upgrade with:smileywink:

Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I won't if that happens I'm off
Message 12 of 25

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

AT&T? Shocked

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course Alternatively if refresh is not suitable for the OP they could always purchase the handset outright and move to simplicity.

O2 use 2 year contacts as they subsidise the handsets I.e the OP pays the cost of the handset over 2 years interest free.
Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

AT&T? Shocked

There was a rumour about AT&T bidding, but 3 seem to be in the drivers seat, pending a few things happening in other countries (O2 Germany merging with E-Plus and 3's takeover of O2 Ireland).  Apparently (according to papers etc) if they go through it gives 3 a clear run at O2.

AT&T apparently tried a bid last year but Telefonica said no.  Think they're looking to enter Europe in some way.

Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't help but feel AT&T will swallow Loadamoan rather than o2 as it would give them Europe not just UK.

3 for o2? Highly likely.
Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can't help but feel AT&T will swallow Loadamoan rather than o2 as it would give them Europe not just UK.

3 for o2? Highly likely.

3 are already buying O2 Ireland.

Message 17 of 25

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Of course Alternatively if refresh is not suitable for the OP they could always purchase the handset outright and move to simplicity.

O2 use 2 year contacts as they subsidise the handsets I.e the OP pays the cost of the handset over 2 years interest free.

Personally I would rather a larger upfront cost and a 12 month contract as I had with the previous 2 phones. My bill gets paid for me but I bear the upfront cost so in that way I do not have the full SIM-free cost that I'd have with Simplicity, but with refresh I'd still have to bear the full cost of the phone portion.

It (refresh) looks like a great idea until you analyse it fully for individual circumstances.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest aldaweb following today's announcements I agree with you.

If it weren't for the fact I get a sizeable discount from o2 I would be arguing the toss with them. As I have an S4 I don't think I will be too stressed about upgrading next time round.

Tesco Mobile here I come
Message 19 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Don't forget giffgaff Nick, they start their 4G service in March too and it's £12 a month for unlimited data, currently.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 20 of 25