cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Fiji

Anonymous
Not applicable

My daughter is currently living in Fiji. She has purchased a local sim card - digicel I think and although she can text and ring me, I cannot do the same on either my pay monthly iPhone 5 or my international PAYG sim which is in an old Samsung phone.

I have made numerous calls to o2 about the issue, they have checked any international barrs have been removed, they have even spoken to the 4g team but they cannot explain why the calls won't connect or the texts aren't received by my daughter.

I know the number she has works because 2 of my friends, one on Orange the other on 3, have both called her and text her without any problem.

When I dial the number it just beeps twice and says call failed and although the texts appear to send they are not received.

Please help!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144649 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Problem is with O2 and your daughters network.
Maybe she could check if any roaming agreements exist with other networks and also report the issue to digicel? to see if they can offer any advice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144649 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Problem is with O2 and your daughters network.
Maybe she could check if any roaming agreements exist with other networks and also report the issue to digicel? to see if they can offer any advice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23146 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

With your daughter being that far away you'd be better off communicating via Skype or a similar VOIP. If you both have Skype it would cost you nothing.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino - There is very little internet connection where she is so skype is not really an option, but thank you.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 - I have emailed Digicel to see if there is a problem between the networks, thankyou.

Message 5 of 5