cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Repeatedly Neglects To Report My Regular Payments To Credit Companies, Keeping My Score Low

FranceskaM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For over two years now, I'm constantly struggling to get O2 to report my regular payments to the credit companies which consistently keeps my credit score low because no reports from the O2 reflect my payments. 

I've also twice tried to physically come to the useless O2 shop in St Albans to try to pay off my iPad in full and both times, I've been told that I can't pay it off. Having read my contract fine print, it indicates that I can pay off my device in full if I choose to. I've tried to call to pay off in full and each time I call, my call is hung up on. 

I'd give anything to pay off the rest of my iPad payments so I can finally get the hell away from O2. 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@FranceskaM 

To pay off contract You need to contact payment management
To pay bills, ask for payment extensions etc, you need to contact the Payment Management Team.
You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support
Best time to call is around 8.00am

For credit file issues.

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@FranceskaM 

To pay off contract You need to contact payment management
To pay bills, ask for payment extensions etc, you need to contact the Payment Management Team.
You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support
Best time to call is around 8.00am

For credit file issues.

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

FranceskaM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm very familiar with the number for payments but did you know they wait for the call to connect and then after you've been on hold for a while, they disconnect the call. Happened to me too many times to count. On my mobile, my landline, a payphone, a friends phone. Honestly, I don't believe they want to answer calls. 

That credit email bounces back by the way. Or if not bounces back, it gives a response that the inbox is full. 

Aside from these suggestions which I've been trying, do you have any other suggestions? Or numbers with humans at the end who actually answer?

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11416 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3155 Solutions

@FranceskaM 

We are all customers like you, so need to get snarky when others are trying to help you..

Shops cant process payments to accounts and you have a regulated agreement than it needs to be done over the phone.. 

The only numbers to call are 202 from and o2 phone or 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, you can also try 0800 902 0217  which is the Payment Management Team. 

With regards to o2 not reporting the payments, it could be the CRA who are not applying them to your account, have you spoken to the CRA's at all?? 

Also your Credit score is a made up number, designed to sell you products and services, what companies look at is your credit file.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

Like I said, call at 8.00am and you'll get through OK.

Message 5 of 8

FranceskaM
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You'd be snarky too if you were repeatedly unable to get help from O2. 

Believe me, if you can't understand why it's important to maintain a healthy credit score, then you really shouldn't be responding to posts such as mine. That "made up number" as you call it, governs whether you can rent a property or buy devices or find a good job. Unless you can live off grid completely, then it's sensible to have a healthy credit score. 

One month later and I'm still trying to get help from O2, regardless of anyone's efforts on here to help me. Same problem continues.....I call the O2 at the moment they open or any other part of the day and partway through the call, it hangs up on me....doesn't matter what kind of phone I use to call them, still happens. Apparently it's their system. Going in person to an O2 shop is even less productive as the teenagers who sometimes notice they have customers declare that they cannot help me because I have to call customer service. Why do they hire these teenagers? 

Meanwhile, I'm hoping, really hoping that the attempt I've made this week to email O2 customer service will result in something. It's been four days without a response but the auto response assured me I'd hear from someone so who knows.....if all this fails, I'm going to the Ombudsman. 

Message 6 of 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7812 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Regretfully, as mentioned, we are all customers here, so there is nothing we can do.

Is your credit report showing missed payments? That is the one thing that really knocks it

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12591 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

@FranceskaM wrote:

Meanwhile, I'm hoping, really hoping that the attempt I've made this week to email O2 customer service will result in something. It's been four days without a response but the auto response assured me I'd hear from someone so who knows.....if all this fails, I'm going to the Ombudsman. 

Out of interest @FranceskaM what email address did you use as o2 doesn't have any inbound email addresses - things like your bill and customer support come from addresses that either don't accept replies or aren't monitored.

Have you tried using social media to contact customer services at all?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 8