Did you mean: 

Split Phone Contract with O2 and Virgin Media

Jess22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have been a virgin mobile customer for several years and have been affected by the O2/Virgin merger. I have 2 monthly payments for my phone contract; 1 to virgin for the physical phone handset and 1 to o2 for the plan (data/calls/texts). I’ve had my phone for 3 years now and want to upgrade it. Does anyone know how I go about this/which of the two companies I need to contact? I’m not necessarily looking to change my plan just the handset.

Thanks

Jess

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149494 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Jess22 

You just upgrade with O2.

Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 94039 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You deal solely with O2 now

However with new handsets you have to pick a new tariff

Message 3 of 5

Jess22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for getting back to me. I did contact o2 a few months back but they advised me that I need to speak to virgin as I have a handset loan with them. Very confused!

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 149494 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Jess22 

Your upgrade with O2 will cancel the phone plan with Virgin.

You can call Virgin on 

0345 454 1111 to confirm.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5