cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to "appeal" to O2 to improve coverage/install mast?

Robatwork
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an O2 phone and have had for many years. I moved house 4 years ago and although I'm v near the M25/London in a built-up area, I get no signal at home. No bars. In the garden I sometimes get 1 bar and "H" internet which is I believe the equivalent of 3G, and shortly to be turned off.  The O2 coverage checker (I realise to be taken with a pinch of salt) shows good 4G inside and outside. I have to walk about 50m from the house to get a phone signal that I can actually make calls on or get data. It's not changed since I moved. 

I use wifi calling which generally works OK, but not of course when the internet drops. I also don't get SMS messages.

Other networks (EE and 3) have recently installed 5G masts nearby. I have a couple of queries. Can I 1) find out if O2 have plans to install or upgrade masts nearby and 2) ask O2 to install/upgrade a mast based on this diabolical signal strength?

Oh and it's not a phone/sim issue. I have asked and been sent new sims, and anyone visiting the house also gets no signal on O2 (not much on the other networks either - I'm obviously in a black hole of reception, but EE and 3 DO get some signal and 1 or 2 bars of 4G inside. Vodafone nothing too.)

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125921 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Robatwork 

O2 will never give out info on mast repairs or situation of new masts.

These guides may help

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues?and Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

However if other networks get a better signal, you might have to consider a move.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125921 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Robatwork 

O2 will never give out info on mast repairs or situation of new masts.

These guides may help

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues?and Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

However if other networks get a better signal, you might have to consider a move.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11576 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Robatwork 

You can try and find a company or community group, that can identify a site, and contribute towards a mast to be built (be prepared to pay upto £100K)... 

if it is a rural area look at SRN or B4RN..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 3