cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh final bill concerns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon

I paid off the phone part of my iPhone 5s O2 Refresh contract and cancelled the airtime plan early. I was told on the phone at the time that I would have one final bill of £17.xx, which I have already paid.

I had a bill e-mailed to me today and it says that I owe £275.xx. 

I contacted the O2 Live Chat and they confirmed this is a mistake, I don't owe anything and the bill will be nullified, but I'm still a little concerned. Does anyone have any experience of this? 

My understanding is that I definitely should not owe anything, having paid off the phone part in full.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I saw that, I was just offering my support to the OP's plight.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I saw that, I was just offering my support to the OP's plight.

I agree.

That's what we are all here for.

Message 12 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Couldn't agree more old pal.... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Couldn't agree more old pal.... wink

Hug

Message 14 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But as you say O2 have asked for a lump sum of £275 which needs clarifying.

O2 CS confirmed nothing to pay. Wrote down the date+time of the call and the guy's name. He said that within 3 working days the bill will be updated to reflect the fact that I don't owe anything. 

Phew grin

Thanks! 

Hi Matty, welcome to the forum slight_smile

Please make sure you log in and view your bill, if it doesn't show as updated (go to payments and look at total outstanding to be extra sure) in the timescale quoted then phone back up and ask them to get the bill put into dispute so that the direct debit for that whole bill isn't applied for. It sounds like the phone plan hadn't updated itself to settled by the time the disconnection went through so has caused it to raise the term fees.

Message 15 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've already had a letter confirming the phone plan is paid off, and it shows as such on the O2 website. 

I've set a reminder for Thursday to check that the bill is updated.

I'll survive if they do take the money, I'd just rather not go through the hassle of having to get it back when they shouldn't be taking it in the first place. 

Message 16 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've already had a letter confirming the phone plan is paid off, and it shows as such on the O2 website. 

I'll survive if they do take the money, I'd just rather not go through the hassle of having to get it back when they shouldn't be taking it in the first place. 

It would be cleaner to stop any money from being taken at all as trying to retrieve monies is way harder to do in some cases.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 17 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It would be cleaner to stop any money from being taken at all as trying to retrieve monies is way harder to do in some cases.

Let us know how you get on.

Yeah agreed. 

I had to wait three weeks for Three to refund some money they should never have taken from me. 

Will do! 

Message 18 of 47

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

My final bill following terminating my O2 Refresh appeared to be correct and showed an approximate £10 credit. Of course getting O2 to refund it is easier said than done as I filled out the final bill refund form as soon as it was generated and haven't received a refund as yet after nearly 2 weeks

Message 19 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you chased it up Dave ?

Two weeks sounds a long time to get that amount back to you.

😞
Message 20 of 47