cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost 02 sim don't know ssn need to keep number help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have lost my O2 payg sim when I rang customer services they said they can't send me a replacement sim without the sim serial number, I do not have this due to me losing my sim I really need the number because I have had it for years & friends family , sons school, doctors etc have it. Could anybody please advise me on how to get the number back thank you.

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Walk into a high-street 02 shop and pick up a blank sim. Then perform the sim swap in store or online.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Walk into a high-street 02 shop and pick up a blank sim. Then perform the sim swap in store or online.
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the advice will they do it even though i do not have the sim or the ssn number

Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the Sim Serial Number part sounds more like a security check - and a rather stupid one to be asking you if you have lost the phone!

You could always call up the Pay Monthly department and ask them to send you a blank Pay As You Go sim card - That's easy enough for them to do. (I don't know why Pay As You Go weren't too helpful).

Once you have the new sim card you can go to swapmysim.o2.co.uk to get it working or they can do it over the phone or in store.

Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I go to swap my sim online they want my original phone number to text me a code but I  will not be able to recieve the code due to loss of sim. If i go in store what will they ask me for me for thanks O2 are very frustrating to say the least Smiley Mad thanks

Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the store usually text you as well but they can ask for 2 forms of ID instead. That could be wrong so please phone the store or have another forum member tell you before you go, but I think that is the case.

All seems a bit of hassle just to get a new sim card, eh?

Did you lose your phone as well?

Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

tell me about it I mean who honestly wtites their ssn number down or is it just me slight_frown I only lost my sim thank god, took it out put it in my pocket & god knows what I did with it

Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just phoned O2 store, the chap said if I bring my driving license in he can do it for me, fingers crossed thanks for the help guys

Message 8 of 24

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi yaslfc.

O2 can do it in store, providing you can answer a few security checks.

Be sure to bring a recently dialled O2 number, your last top up amount, date and current balance.

The proof of ID is more of a Pay Monthly check, so the person on the phone may have misunderstood.

Hope this helps.
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went in store & they gave me a sim & told me to phone customer services but unfortunately I had not topped up the sim & had recently ported the number over, customer services said they can only do a sim-swap with ssn due to this, would anybody know how I can find my ssn or somehow keep this number, I do have an online O2 account but cannot find ssn anywere please help & thank you again guys for the help so far 

Message 10 of 24