cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh final bill concerns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon

I paid off the phone part of my iPhone 5s O2 Refresh contract and cancelled the airtime plan early. I was told on the phone at the time that I would have one final bill of £17.xx, which I have already paid.

I had a bill e-mailed to me today and it says that I owe £275.xx. 

I contacted the O2 Live Chat and they confirmed this is a mistake, I don't owe anything and the bill will be nullified, but I'm still a little concerned. Does anyone have any experience of this? 

My understanding is that I definitely should not owe anything, having paid off the phone part in full.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It's not uncommon, unfortunately 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

So in my experience, refresh has 100% failed.

If O2 have put a black mark on my credit report i will not be very happy at all.

Why oh why have they not fixed the computer systems so this does not happen again?

Also why do i not believe a word that they say anymore, when told that "it will all be fixed sir"?

Another issue i have is that we are forced into having a refresh contract, with O2, and when myself and my wife upgraded phones we were not informed of all the details.

It was almost mis-sold, or mis-represented.

Oh well, we have both moved to Three and hopefully will never have to come back to O2 again.

Message 42 of 47

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Hopefully you will have a better experience at Three but there again, if the buyout of O2 goes ahead....

Message 43 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Err what buyout is this? Noooooooooooooooo

Message 44 of 47

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Three are buying o2 slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 47

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I'm shocked that you haven't heard of the proposals and agreement which can take up to 12 months.

Message 46 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as i am not forced into a refresh contract then all is good.

Off to USA this year so using my phone abroad is important.

I wonder if they wil keep O2 seperate or create a new name, like EE did.

Message 47 of 47