cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh final bill concerns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon

I paid off the phone part of my iPhone 5s O2 Refresh contract and cancelled the airtime plan early. I was told on the phone at the time that I would have one final bill of £17.xx, which I have already paid.

I had a bill e-mailed to me today and it says that I owe £275.xx. 

I contacted the O2 Live Chat and they confirmed this is a mistake, I don't owe anything and the bill will be nullified, but I'm still a little concerned. Does anyone have any experience of this? 

My understanding is that I definitely should not owe anything, having paid off the phone part in full.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps she was just being cautious, sometimes if the DD has already been applied for (about 4 working days or so) then it's not always possible for it to work in time.

That's good then, if the direct debit is held back it means there is no default on your credit file and it gives the bill the chance to update itself to the correct amount.
Message 31 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still says that £275.37 will be taken on 16/3/14, but on the recent charges page it does show 'recent charges to date -£275.37'

I'll see on Monday I guess.
Message 32 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey @Anonymous

Going to be interesting to see your update on Monday.

Fingers crossed.

wink
Message 33 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anything in recent charges is what is due to be applied to the next produced bill. So long as that bill is in query then at least we know the credits have been raised to cancel it off.
Message 34 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Should it say anywhere that the bill is in query? I can't see that on the website anywhere. The CS agent did tell me she'd put it into dispute but I've had no written confirmation of that.
Message 35 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
No you wouldn't be able to see that, it's all "behind the scenes" so to speak.

One way you would be able to provisionally get an idea, go to "Payments" within your bill, I would expect that if the direct debit has been applied for, then it will be showing in there but future dated to the 16th. Mine generally shows about 3-4 days before payment. If it's not showing in there then we can begin to hedge our bets that it's fine, but that is by no means definate confirmation of it.
Message 36 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

No money has been taken and my new bill says I don't owe anything. 

I still don't like the fact that my previous bill says I owe money when I don't, it seems like a very odd way of doing things, but I can live with that so long as O2 doesn't report any adverse information to the credit reference agencies. 

Thanks all for your help/comments. 

Message 37 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome final result.

A bit off your mind now !

Bouncy

Message 38 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Brilliant. Thanks for the update Matty, glat it got sorted.
Message 39 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry to drag this subject up again but it seems that O2 still haven't got their systems in order, actually i would go as far as saying that they are totally incompentant.

I have the same issue. Paid off my device and cancelled the airtime.

At the same time i cancelled my direct debit as i didn't believe that O2 would not try and take my next months payment.

And surprise surprise i had a bill for the remaining AirTime last month.

Rang up and was told it was an error and i wont get another bill.

Today i get another.

Spoke to a lady, and to online chat, and they (again) assure me that it is now sorted. No surprise that i don't believe a word they tell me.

My son paid off his contract but didnt cancel his DD, and they took £450 from his account.

One word, DISGUSTING!

Message 40 of 47