cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Re-Fresh Tariff Pricing mismatch

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick note, if changing to a re-fresh contract make sure you check all the options.

It costs an identical amount for and S4 on Unlim/Unlim/1GB Data as it does for unlim/unlim/2GB data.

The difference is in the handset cost.

I've just tried challanging this with O2 as I was sold the 1GB tariff, so I get less data, and have to pay £600 for the handset, whereas if I had have gone with the 2GB I would only pay £480 for the handset.

The answer I got.... Tuff, thats the contract you agreed to 17 days ago..

Wonderful!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You get 7 working days to change your mind with O2.

Have you made a formal complaint?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spent about 40 minutes on the phone. Just told me that tariffs change all the time, I signed up on the deal I have and thats that.

I'm 17 days in. I was told that as its over 14 days I cant change my mind.

I agree, that you cant just change because its now cheaper. However, the tariff that I am on was sold to me as the 'best value' and it is not.
The person I spoke to said that its a promotion currently being offered, but the same thing applies even right now. They are offering 2 contracts, both the same price, but one is getting more than the other. The problem is, this is not clear unless you check every option.
Also, there is no mention of discounts or promotions.
I would pay £120 less for the handset if I was on the 2GB plan. After all, the purpose of refresh, changing handset, this is what I would have to pay to change phone.
So I get less each month, and pay £120 more to change my phone.

I was advised that I only needed 1GB as I stated thats what I already have and rarely get close to the limit.
The reason, price!
Had I have been told right there that it was the same price, of course I would of taken it.

I was then rightly informed I could make a formal complaint. Check the website, how to complain.
And whats the first method... Call o2 on 202 which I had just done.
Message 3 of 3