cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 PAC Code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I was just chatting to an adviser on the O2 Chat feature however I wasn't able to get a definitive answer. What I want to know is, if I obtain my PAC Code, can I then give this back to O2 to open a new account. The reason I ask is because you can often find far cheaper deals on O2 that aren't sold directly by O2. So if I were to get one from another merchant (such as Carphone Warehouse), can I use my PAC code from my current contract to transfer over to a new O2 contract? I'm happy on O2, however I feel that the O2 Refresh prices are too much.

Many thanks,

Tom

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You don't need a PAC to stay with O2.
If you don't want to upgrade directly with O2, take a new contract elsewhere then call O2 CS (202) to transfer your number to the new account.
This will immediately end your old account and generate any final fees, if they are due, so best to do this only when your current account has reached it's final date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You don't need a PAC to stay with O2.
If you don't want to upgrade directly with O2, take a new contract elsewhere then call O2 CS (202) to transfer your number to the new account.
This will immediately end your old account and generate any final fees, if they are due, so best to do this only when your current account has reached it's final date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry just confirming as I am also interested in this can I just take a new o2 contract out with say carphone warehouse and once it arrives phone o2 on the new account and they will just transfer my old number over?
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, correct

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many Thanks
Message 5 of 7

chetan
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i want give ypu my PAC code.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@chetan 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7