Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Not Transfering Number

spells2005
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have my work phone number XX with Vodafone which I wanted to transfer over to by new O2 number YY. Once the O2 SIM card arrived, I put in a PAC request with Vodafone over two weeks ago. I used the online form to log my request, got a BluePrism email a few days later which I assumed was the start of the phone number change and since then heard nothing. I went into an O2 shop to check if my XX number had moved over at it hadn't. They advised me it was because I hadn't activated the SIM card, so I put it into a spare device when I got home and made sure I got the welcome texts etc. I went back into the shop 2 days later where they said the number still hadn't moved over and I should call customer support. On the 5 attempts I have made to speak to someone on the phone, I haven't been able to make it through their automated triage. Their online web page for transferring numbers has been down for 3 days and O2 shop can't help me because apparently this is a back end change and can only be managed on the phone.

Can anyone tell me who I can speak to in O2 to help me find my PAC code request? Without this, I cannot change to esim and use the contract I now pay £20 a month for... The PAC code is also going to be expiring soon and without being able to get any help from O2 I will lose my work number.

Any help on clever ways to speak to someone ASAP would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@spells2005 

All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

I'll see if the community gurus can help with this @spells2005 

Can you see if you can assist @O2Georgina or @O2Emma ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 8

spells2005
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @gmarkj . For reference, I have just looked at the BluePrism email and, despite doing it again just now through my phone, I have seen I am getting the error of "Sorry, the information provided for our security checks is incorrect. Please check and resubmit your request". I don't know what was wrong or how I could correct it! Please advise.

Message 3 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Sounds like the answer to the security question @spells2005 .

The question is normally mother's maiden name, or primary school or something similar.
You can change the question and answer in your My o2 account and once it has gone through you can try again with the new answer.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@spells2005 

I would speak to whoever owns the number, as sometimes when coming from a company the details don't match hence the error. 

One of the Gurus should be able to help, 

Look out for a red dot on the envelope on the top right hand side of the screen. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 8

spells2005
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I tried this and then I got a 405 page error request (because O2 website is temperamental at the moment for moving numbers). So I am back to square one.

I also didn't get asked any security question when I made the request, so not sure it would make a difference

Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@spells2005 

All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@gmarkj  Thanks for the tag

@spells2005  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 8 of 8