Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Increase Prices for Pre and Post 23rd January 2014 contracts

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

O2 have found a loophole around the OFCOM ruling it would seem and have announced an increase of 2.7% with effect from 1st March 2014 for ALL customers regardless of whether you signed up before or after the ruling came into effect.

Standard tariff customers will have their whole tariff increased by 2.7%. Refresh customers will have the airtime only element of their tariff increased by 2.7%. The handset element of refresh tariffs will be unchanged.

Details at http://www.o2.co.uk/desktop/prices

Also posted in the thread discussing the OFCOM ruling but I thought this merited its own thread too

Message 1 of 208
207 REPLIES 207

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is but it's the principal that voda and 3 have agreed and O2 did a dirty trick to get round it
Message 51 of 208

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Wow this has come as a utter shock and a blow of Ofcom.

Timing is appauling too, I know that every company has to make money etc, however today must have been at the back of their minds for a long time and its sticking 2 fingers up at Ofcom and what they do.

Well ive been with o2 for many many years and have 2 numbers with them, well i did. 2 Weeks ago i transfered one over to three one plan and so far ive been pleasntly supprised.  3G is pretty constant and ok and even outperforms 4G on o2 many times which makes me chuckle. Cant say ive had an issue with the network coverage too. It doesnt however drop calls where o2 drops them, but does other places where o2 doesnt. So its a 50/50 on that one so far.

For o2 tho, Ive been having a issue in the area where i live and ive reported in to o2 many many times, Ive got reference numbers and even got calls back. How many people affected (The whole of the shopping center) o2 shops says it an issue and reported it and other mobile shops too.

I was asked to travel and do some testing which i dont mind (20 miles away) and wait for a call.  guess what, 2 days later i get the call and oh were really sorry we had a backlog. I said you arranged it, yep i know im sorry.  I said just shut it down, completely upset that couldnt be bothered to keep there word after i travelled 20 miles.

This however is probally the final blow and I really do hope that three buy o2 uk out now as telefonica are not interested and just not bothered that people really do care about o2.

Shame really, and yes i hope three get a forum as well, 

First o2 broadband, then o2 money, o2 travel  what next !!

Yep people have a choice as well, im wondering what choice they will make, time will tell when the contracts are up.

Voda Call cents is in many countries i think that vodafone are there as i used to go to many of the call centers abroad until i found a way to get to the wales call center and yes the Cust Svc was dreadful.

Three in based in India and yes there is a some what language barrier, I have however found them very helpful and polite and do try to go the extra mile. 

I speak to Indian call centers most day in my job over the last 10 years, so to me know ive got some what to know what to say and how.

EE, well least said the better in this one. My friend was transfering his sim card over and the agent says oh you have lost your phone and cancelled his sim and account. It took multiple calls and lots of time for some one to listen and say so you want a new contract. arghhhhhh

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 52 of 208

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@darrengf wrote:

EE, well least said the better in this one. My friend was transfering his sim card over and the agent says oh you have lost your phone and cancelled his sim and account. It took multiple calls and lots of time for some one to listen and say so you want a new contract. arghhhhhh

I found T-mobile to be quite good when transferring from PAYG to contract and then back again when I had their SIM in my BB 9700 though if you need a SIM replacement they'll charge £10 each time, at least on PAYG, and my Daughter has 2 contracts with them and has had no problems with CS.

Not dealt with them in the last year though.

As a Virgin customer I can get a reduced tariff on mobile so that's an option though I've another year at least with O2.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 53 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's an option for me too I'm with virgin trouble is don't think they do 4g yet
Message 54 of 208

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

No 4g yet for virgin, possible later this year. However from today Virgin have a new vip tarriff  £18 a month sim only,unlimited sms, calls, data and now unlimited 0800, 0808, 0845 and 0870 numbers. 

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/126774-virgin-media-bundles-free-08-numbers-with-18-30-day-sim-only-...

so while other networks are going one way, other networks seem to be crying out for your business 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 55 of 208

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@darrengf wrote:

First o2 broadband, then o2 money, o2 travel  what next !!

Well, in the last 5 years since I joined O2 for mobile and broadband, we have had and are now missing:

O2 Broadband

O2 Money (twice for this one)

O2 Bluebook

O2 Hashblue

O2 Joggler

O2 Email

O2 Free Online Texts

O2 TuMe (worked ok but was never marketed, so not many knew it existed)

O2 TuGo partially assembled and I wonder if it will ever be completed.

They're the services I can think of right now so there may be others.

All of these were backed up with promises that never materialised, it gives you some idea of the thought processes going on at O2 and how unreliable they can be.

I won't mention the other services that never came to light.

Something of a disappointment I think.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 56 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will add the family bolt on to that list which to this day is still advertised as being able to manage online but it simply doesn't work and hasn't for over a year got someone on the case with Toby's help but it shouldn't be be falsely advertised
Message 57 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
That virgin deal looks great only trouble is they use ee which I don't like
Message 58 of 208

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Well my letter objecting to this has gone off to O2 this morning. May not make the blindest bit of difference but we will see. If O2 don't back down then I will be taking the following steps

1. Terminating one contract which is due to run out in March as soon as I can give notice next month

2. Paying off my O2 Refresh phone plan in April when I get my next student finance payment and will be in a position to do so. Requesting a PAC code which will be given to 3 and ported over to a One Plan Sim Only

3. Terminating my final remaining contract which has a year left to run when it is economically sound for me to do so (possibly in April again).

The powers that be need to make what should be a relatively simple decision. Do they want to lose the £90 a month I spend with them on airtime plans over a £2.50 a month increase. I suspect the answer will be no. Although to some extent the damage may already be done. I'm not sure I want to remain with O2 even if they do back down if they are prepared to be so sneaky and underhand in getting around an OFCOM ruling designed to protect consumers

Message 59 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good on you well done
Message 60 of 208