Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calls Contract Issues

Treasaom
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I am looking for some advice. I recently moved from Southern Ireland to Great Britain. I originally signed up for a 30 day rolling contract for £30 which included 500 international minutes.  As I have not got a credit rating in GB I was unable to sign up for a 12 month contract.

I signed up for the rolling contract on January 20th. On January 24th, I rang to port my old UK number over onto the O2 SIM card.  On this call I was told I could sign up for a 12 month contract and I could get unlimited international calls all for only £24.  I signed up for this contract and I received the new SIM card which was associated with this contract on January 26th, it took until January 30th until my number was ported over. I made over two hours of international calls to Ireland between January 30th and February 21st, since then I have been unable to make any calls to Ireland.

I set my cap at zero as my understanding was international calls to Ireland were included in my contract and this was the case for the first two months. 

I spent over THREE hours on the phone to the customer service team on March 10th without my issue being resolved where I was advised I need to increase my cap in order to purchase a Bolt add on so I would be able to make international calls at a REDUCED rate. 

And no one could answer how I was able to make the two hours of calls to Ireland and not be charged.

I was happy to sign up to the 30 day rolling contract for £30 with 500 international minutes but only signed up for this other contract as I was led to believe it was better value.

I emailed the complaints department on March 10th but I have yet to receive a response from them.

As I no longer have free international calls to Ireland, I do not want to be tied into this contract. Is there anyway I can leave this contract without being penalised? It is a very frustrating situation to be in and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Treasaom 

As you've made a complaint you'll need to wait for a resolution from that.

Customer service cannot get involved once a complaint has been made.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Treasaom
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your help. Do you know how long the complaints process might take? Thanks again. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Treasaom 

They are slow in responding currently but you can escalate if you don't get any resolution in 8 weeks.

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4