Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Increase Prices for Pre and Post 23rd January 2014 contracts

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

O2 have found a loophole around the OFCOM ruling it would seem and have announced an increase of 2.7% with effect from 1st March 2014 for ALL customers regardless of whether you signed up before or after the ruling came into effect.

Standard tariff customers will have their whole tariff increased by 2.7%. Refresh customers will have the airtime only element of their tariff increased by 2.7%. The handset element of refresh tariffs will be unchanged.

Details at http://www.o2.co.uk/desktop/prices

Also posted in the thread discussing the OFCOM ruling but I thought this merited its own thread too

Message 1 of 208
207 REPLIES 207

Anonymous
Not applicable
At least they give a straight answer and don't try and sneak round things
Message 41 of 208

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Wouldn't go to 3 with a contract after they tried to transfer someone elses bill to my Daughter and were in breach of data protection in the process.

Not had dealings with Vodafone on a personal level but not had any problems when I have had to contact them with respect to the company phones held with them.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 42 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm thinking Vodafone me and my 8 family members
Message 43 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck. Although with 25m customers they can't be all bad
Message 44 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been with Vodafone in the past, I remember it took ages to speak to anyone at customer service.

Message 45 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well they may not be as good as O2 but at least they are agreeing to the ofcom rules and not sneaking round it like O2
Message 46 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are much quicker at answering the phone but most calls go to Egypt or South Africa these days.

My issues were poor signal and lying customer service agents. Sadly though o2 are not much better any more. Either that our Vodafone are getting better.
Message 47 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not disagreeing with you Damien1
Message 48 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know mate don't worry slight_smile
Message 49 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you will be one of thousands. That said for most the increase is probably less than £1 a month. But. ...
Message 50 of 208