cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Home! (after 2 years hard labour at TalkTalk)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was never really dissatisfied with O2 before I left (well - indoors signal is not great but the TuGo ap' sorts that... ).

What happened was, it was time to upgrade.  I had chosen my phone. Been on the o2 website, worked out costs etc. Came onto chat with the o2 person. I told them I was thinking of leaving o2 for a better deal (true - ish).  "Certainly Sir... I'm sure I will be able to help blah blah blah... Good deal etc. 

So I went through the usual time consuming we-know-what-you-are-up-to! Sales hingo jingo. I'm thinking - 'Aah, it's OK.  Be worth waiting for for a" Good Deal". 

There was a lot of typing going on... Tippity tip tap... Time was dragging on.  YaAawn! 

Eventually the guy says "I've managed to get that down to £xx per month for you today!" 

Oh how I groaned (silently) and felt a pooling of tears on my bottom eyelids (fury... Defo not upset... No...) 

Oh cool... I said.  You've managed to "get that price down"  for me? Hmm? How come that's the HECK-A-ZACK-ALEE!  the price I got from your blooming website not 30 minutes ago... Well, more like an hour-and-a-half considering how long you've kept me 

talking on here! 

"Why didn't you say you had been on the website? "

"Surely that's irrelevant?" 

........ After some radio silence... 

"Ok... I don't want to leave... I can't be bothered after all this.  If you can just offer me a bit of a better deal, I will sort it out now for another 2 years."

"Sorry, that's the best I can do..

Won't bore you with any more comedy moments, but I wanted to post this as an example of how a perfectly good company - admittedly with hindsight - manages to lose 2 contracts they'd had for 4 years.  

My final conclusion was - I left o2 because they would not negotiate AT ALL and the sales guy was a tool.  

Now as I re-examine my memory - I don't feel these are the actual reasons. I believe a skilled communicator would have had me resigned with no reduction in monthly payments.  You simply cannot make use a blanket approach (and a very poor even slightly shady one) to every account retention that lands in front of you.  It's narrow minded, lazy and arrogant.

But now the GOOD STUFF PMSL 😂

I had to explain WHY I ended up with TalkTalk in the first place to give my post some kind of validity? Eh? Ha 😃

My wife had broadband with them.  

They gave a slightly better deal.  A few pounds a month. I always thought the o2 website, the communication with staff (until  the end...) the ordering of mobiles, delivery etc.  etc.  Everything was very... Well unexpectedly pleasant. 

Not so with TalkTalk.  What a shower of disorganised fools.  

Their online chat is such a nightmare.  I timed 7 minutes between my answering their agent's question once and them responding.  That was the longest the average is 2 - 4 minutes.  Go's like this:

Agent is typing: Are you havings a Samsung or an Apples phone Sir please? 

Customer is typing: Ive just told you... LG! 

THEN 5 MINUTES NOTHING pmsl! 

It's obvious there's some bugger sitting on a big platform in their office in Delhi banging in two big drums to keep up the rhythm on the THREE CALLS they must have on the go at all times slight_smile  

(for legal reasons this is meant tongue in cheek... The choice of a city on the Indian sub-continent is not an attempt to sneak some lazy racism under the radar. I did enter into a discussion regarding geographical location one day with my "agent " one particularly stressful afternoon and the above WAS confirmed. (although the specific location was lost in translation and the designated venue was a signed merely for the comfort of presbyopia or dim-of-wit forum friends x)

You don't get that with o2.  Or if you DO... They are smart enough not to let you notice lol.  I'm happy with that! (I hope they don't have a drummer, though?)

This post has gone WAY WAY over. I will cut the end part down.  

Lots more stuff with TT.

Broadband too dear.  Overpaying 5 years (my fault) Spent 2 weeks trying to... Keep broadband dear....

We have no record of that sir. 

Round houses 

Oh you have screenshots of everything. 

Oh we have found them sir.  It will be applied.  

It wasn't. 

It will 

It wasn't 

Eventually. 

Need new phone.  

Carphone Warehouse look cheap.  

Go there.  

Don't want to deal with Carphone Warehouse. 

Dong.  o2.  Grrrr.  One guy.  2nd chance.  

Go on Internet.  See phone.  Like price and tariff.  Order.  Come 2 days.  Happy.  

Tell forum peeps.  

Haa! 

Stu.  

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mummy is buying me a case on Monday so I shall review it with GUSTO! 😁

Thanks for not making me unwelcome.
Mrs Chopper would say "NOOOO! DON'T LAUGH! DON'T..... ENCOURAGE HIM!"
HA! Too LATE ☺️

Q: If I get removed from the forum, will they take my precious back? 😯
Message 11 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Nah, it's yours for life as long as you are able to register your passport number with Brightside .....LOL

Message 12 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Nah, it's yours for life as long as you are able to register your passport number with Brightside .....LOL

But what a good mummy.....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 21

MI5
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Strange wizardry afoot, methinks......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Strange wizardry afoot, methinks......

Agree....maybe a bit of magic as well...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wizardry?

I think you've been watching too many Harold Potts Movies and hanging around on chatting to self-confessed klithe blasters on the tuggernet.

I suspect I can disabuse you of these fantastical notions. We must talk more...

But not today.

TODAY IS UNSHEATHING DAY! 😄

Oh I love you mummy ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ (always 7)

She's only gone and got me a CASE!

SO this shall be the very latest post from my sturdy Galaxy S5 friend. (not an 'LG' as some LHC-Technician-eyed poster mistakenly deduced from my TalkTalk showerof******e scenario - fictional and for demonstration purposes only...but a shortened/altered version of THE FACTS to save time).

So half way through the UNSHEATHING of my new device I hear an ungodly noise - someone pushing open a heavy wooden door on an old haunted house? Then again - and an accompanying and very familiar sensation.

After adjusting my jeans and giggling about just HOW EXCITED I was about this noo fone... I slip the sheath all the way to reveal the "CHOPPER!"

Oh bum! Soz strangelings. Mummy wants me to empty the dog.

Soon.

S6.
Message 16 of 21

MI5
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

You, my friend don't need a phone... you need an asylum LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

See...Mummies rarely do anything without requiring some sort of payment. She gives you a case....then to stop you getting over excited, instructs you to walk the dog. ....Mmmmmmm... Popcorn

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed!
They do have something of the sneaky-cleverness about them.

I had an HTC before the Galaxy 5 and it was the Soopah Amaleg screen that attracted me to Samsung.

They are SO nice to look at. I got the same picture up on the 5 and the 6 and it was slightly clearer on the 6 - even though I have already always been mega happy with the 5.
The 6 seems white to the 5's slightly duller yellowish hue.

I'm still exploring, but everything is looking so shiny and new... Feeling HAPPY.

And I have a 6 rather than a 7 for financial reasons. I'm not a rich man. They don't give us much of a n allowance here in the ASYLUM. I do seduce my fair share of nurses and candy-eyed belligerent pharmacists, but no matter how many purses I 'dip' I can't stretch to the almost 40 bar a month.

BLACK FRIDAY! SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 FOR £24. per month...
Sadly Carphone Whorehouse declined my business, blaming Vodafone? Even though we have a phone for my son with them directly, and have never missed payments?

Carphone jiggery-pokery?

2 years time I will have the 7, and I shall be just as happy as I intend to be today with my 6 😉
Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
OH... I believe I've actually finished now.

This was my introduction.

You may call me Chopper.

Blessings 😈😁
Message 20 of 21