cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Chat Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I chatted to an O2 chat representative called Kim. I was after a pay monthly iPhone, she advised me that she will give me £50 credit and it will work as follows. I would opt for £12 line rental + £20 for the phone per month. The £50 would be applied so that I wouldn't pay the £12 line rental for the first four months. She said that I place an online order and she will be there and I give her the order number. I did that and she said she has put it on my account. She sounded genuine, but my contract started today and lo and behold I got charged the line rental, I advised O2 and there is no record from Kim. How do I track down this person, she may have just made a mistake, I 'm hoping so. Can O2 look at past chats, I would like them to investigate, it's a matter of principle and O2 are not adhering to consumer protection regulations! The annoying thing is I get a computer says no response, no one I've spoken gives me any advice. Frustrating.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck.

Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94071 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
I'm fairly sure this will be resolved to your satisfaction especially if it's an offer that is being given to others in general.
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for commenting, I hope it gets resolved.
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was pleasantly surprised, after being told there was nothing that could be done, as no record was made for the £50 that a chat representative promised. I received a prompt response to a complaint email I sent to O2, a lady called Resham sent me a very nice email, explained that they will look into the matter internally so it doesn't happen again, and will credit my account with the £50 originally agreed. Will keep an eye on that to ensure it's been actioned. I'm pleased by the outcome.
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good result Abida

Thanks for updating your thread.
Message 15 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94071 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 16 of 16