cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Change of Mind Policy (Exchange NOT Cancel)

maxwilkes
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anybody got any experience with this? I rang customer services today and was rather surprised by the apparent lack of knowledge of their own process. The girl on the phone had to keep putting me on hold while she spoke to somebody else and eventually she said someone from a different team is going to call you back and help you with this...but they never did.

Basically I took out (less than a week ago) an O2 Refresh plan for an iPad Pro 12.9 inch 128GB 2020 model costing me £36 a month for 48 months (£23 a month device plan, £13 a month airtime). For all intense and purposes it is a brilliant device BUT it's a little TOO large...larger than I anticipated having been used to the 9.7 inch iPad. It's great for using on a desk but it's not so great to hold in your hand. For that reason I was hoping to be able to do a straightforward exchange...for the iPad Pro 11 inch 2020 model...either the 256GB model (which will effectively cost me £2 per month LESS than what I'm currently paying) OR preferably the 512GB model (which will cost me £2 per month more but offers an insane amount of storage space and for the price difference it's worth it to me).

I have already put down a deposit of £595 on this contract and for that reason I am very keen for this to just be a straightforward exchange...I do NOT wish to cancel my contract and then have to go through all that annoying procedure of placing a new order, being subjected to yet another credit check, being asked to put yet another deposit down...etc etc etc...

According to the O2's websites "change your mind policy" this SHOULD, technically, be possible. But I was rather alarmed when I contacted O2 customer service today and the girl agreed that that should be no problem at all but she was unsure how the process worked so had to keep putting me on hold while she asked different people and eventually I was told someone would ring me later in the day to help me with the procedure but then nobody did.

So was wondering if anyone has had any actual experience exchanging devices with O2?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

maxwilkes
  • 21 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 @O2Lisa

Thanks for looking into this.
I can see it words, clear as day, on your change your mind policy that...

"If you’re exchanging your device for another model, there may be extra charges depending on what you choose."

That tells me exchanges are/should be possible.
Message 11 of 15

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

With O2 Refresh accounts there is a credit agreement in place, this states specifically your make, model and memory size of a device, for this reason we can't just "exchange" your device, we do have to arrange a return and reorder.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
To be fair, my "exchange" was pre refresh and although frustrating, I can see the logic.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 15

Littlenuttynora
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I am looking to cancel my sim only deal. I added a second sim card to my account buy have changed my mind and no longer need the additional sim card. How to I get this cancelled or returned to o2? Thanks
Message 14 of 15

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Littlenuttynora 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15