cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just got a new pay monthly account and wanted to keep my existing number,but because it was on a pay monthly account in my ex partners name for the last year I can't unless my ex contacts them which they aren't willing to do,I was previously on 02 pay and go for 8 years with my number and really want to keep it,any ideas what I can do?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do unless the account holder agrees to transfer the number.
Although you have been using it, legally, it isn't yours. Sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do unless the account holder agrees to transfer the number.
Although you have been using it, legally, it isn't yours. Sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though it was a pay and go sim in my name previously for 8 years and my ex partner cancelled the contract and paid what was owed

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately yes.
If they were to call O2 and give permission to transfer the number it could be done in minutes.
But if they won't call, you can't have it.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
If the contract is now cancelled, the number will also be cancelled. It need to be on a live account. Try ringing it, if you get a dead tone the numbers gone. As for transferring it, your at the mercy of your ex.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 5