Did you mean: 

Missed GSM calls

Kernow_Mark
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Bit of a strange one, but it's happening more and more often 😞

Various, random (no pattern to it) inbound calls are simply not connecting, or getting through to me - and the person calling me hears an engaged tone.

Latest one was today, was in a 4G signal area, had 4 bars of signal strength, and my iPhone was on the seat beside me, not being used.

First thing I knew about it was when I had the missed call alert text message, followed by a TuGo alert also ...

Quite frustrating and annoying, especially when the wife thinks I'm on the phone, but I wasn't 😞

Any ideas ?

It's an iPhone 6S Plus, running the latest iOS software version.

Cheers

Mark
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Try turning Tugo off or at least turn on call fallback.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Kernow_Mark
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Trouble is TuGo is useful for me at times. Have done what you suggested though and turned off call fall back, will see how it goes from now

Thanks
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Understand, but you said you had full signal at the time so Tugo not required then?
You can turn it back on when in a signal blackspot.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Kernow_Mark
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yep, full strength do not quite sure why the call / calls aren't getting through ...
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It could be any number of reasons but Tugo is a good place to start.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
could also be the 4g drop back failing, as currently calls are only sent via 3g or 2g. Though, I too would point the blame at tugo before looking at other network issues.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Kernow_Mark did you have any luck getting this issue resolved? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 10

Kernow_Mark
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Not yet ... 

Was at home yesterday, iPhone on the table.  Had 4 bars of 3G signal strength, with TuGo turned on (but call fallback turned off) ..

Had a missed call alert from TuGo advising that I had missed a call from a work colleague, so rang him straight back, using my iPhone.  No problems making the call at all.

When I spoke to him he said that he had a ringing tone in his ear, but at my end the mobile wasn't ringing at all, wasn't on silent either.  Funnily enough I didn't get a GSM missed call alert either ???

Something isn't quite right somewhere ... and the only thing I can put my finger on is it's started happening since a mast was replaced locally, and 4G is in parts of this area ..

Getting annoying now 😞

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's worth trying it with 4g turned off on the handset so you are only using 2g/3g.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10