Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer to O2

Thotos
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just signed up to an O2 pay monthly account and given my PAC for my Tesco mobile number to be transferred to O2. I've received my activated new SIM and inserted it in my phone. All works fine on the temporary number but the transfer still says "the transfer of your number has not yet been scheduled". I have pressed the "I've inserted my new SIM" button several times but still no change. Have I missed a step, is something wrong or does it take time for the transfer to be automatically scheduled?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38860 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

@Thotos wrote:

😂👍 @pgn being non-unique doesn't make it right. Having worked in the electronics/software development/IT industries all my life I can assure you that would be a simple bug to fix if anyone tried to fix it. Even simpler than porting a phone number! 😂

As simple as fixing the annoying survey pop-up that pesters all every so often here on the forum, yet which still interrupts your flow of thought, frustratingly, despite many asking for it to be "fixed",   @Thotos ? 🤣

1000019289.png

Message 11 of 16

Peanut79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Thotos @Did you get it sorted? What happened in the end? I’m in exactly the same boat, keep being told to wait 24 hours and nothing. Tesco have said no request has gone through their end. O2 keep saying I just have to wait. Had no issue with the other phone number though (me and my husband both moved from Tesco to o2 at the same time). I’m about to be charged another month with Tesco too which is annoying. 

Message 12 of 16

Thotos
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Peanut79 I thought I replied to this but can't see my reply. And it was a long one too! I'll make it shorter this time in case my previous reply appears. Yes, my number transferred but it took two weeks. The O2 app still claims that the transfer has failed though! I too go an extra month's charge from Tesco but I complained to O2 and they gave me a £10 credit. My suggestion to you is keep complaining, phone or web chat every day and eventually someone in O2 will manage to do it. 

Message 13 of 16

Peanut79
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for replying. Since we did SIM only, I don’t even have another phone to keep using my old number in the meantime. Did you get messages on the old number or the new number when the port was eventually scheduled?

Message 14 of 16

Thotos
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too have a SIM only deal but had lots of old phones; I never throw anything away! 😄 I received no messages from O2 or Tesco at all. When people started calling me on the phone with the new O2 SIM, I realised the transfer took place. I also made several test calls and switched my phones off and on at regular intervals. According to the O2 automated systems though, the transfer never happened and my PAC code expired! 

Message 15 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126422 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@Thotos wrote:

I too have a SIM only deal but had lots of old phones; I never throw anything away! 😄 I received no messages from O2 or Tesco at all. When people started calling me on the phone with the new O2 SIM, I realised the transfer took place. I also made several test calls and switched my phones off and on at regular intervals. According to the O2 automated systems though, the transfer never happened and my PAC code expired! 

@Thotos 

Now why doesn't that surprise me? 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 16