Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ported but no Signal for 4 days

Alibee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I switched to O2 for the first time.  Everything went smoothly until the day of porting.  My existing EE signal was switched off around 1pm.  I duly waited as told, until 6pm, switched my phone off, inserted new sim, switched back on. Nothing.  No signal, no internet.  I tried again later.  I tried again the next day. Nothing.  I tried "Live Chat", was told there were maintenance problems and to wait 24 hours.  I tried again the next day, same response.  I am now on day 4 of this repetitive nothingness.  Anyone know how I can get this resolved?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Alibee 

It sounds as if this could be a split port, particularly as it happened when O2 were doing maintenance for 3 days at that time.

You need to ask O2 to request the porting files from EE again and start over.

Please dont speak to live chat as they wont be helping much. You can ring customer services from any phone using this guide. Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

In the meantime, please keep rebooting your phone to see if you are getting an O2 signal.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Alibee 

It sounds as if this could be a split port, particularly as it happened when O2 were doing maintenance for 3 days at that time.

You need to ask O2 to request the porting files from EE again and start over.

Please dont speak to live chat as they wont be helping much. You can ring customer services from any phone using this guide. Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

In the meantime, please keep rebooting your phone to see if you are getting an O2 signal.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Alibee
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the advice.  What is a split port?  I had two numbers on my EE account and I was porting one at a time just in case anything went wrong.  Do you think if I do the other one it will sort everything?

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Alibee 

It means only half of the porting process is complete. Obviously your phone lost service from EE but hasn't completed at O2's end.

I would get everything sorted with the original one first, as nothing will happen over the weekend now...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Alibee
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, thank you so much for your advice, very much appreciated.  I will update you when it gets sorted!

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Best of luck @Alibee  thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

O2 are having problems with new sim activations and with porting over the last week. As far as I know they are still having issues so it will be Monday at least until this is sorted out properly. 

Message 7 of 9

rammy2o
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had exactly the same problem, no service since tuesday, and always promised it would be fixed in 24 hours, been to the shop and on chat for hours. finally last night I demanded a port number so that I can leave to another network. they kept me taklking and only told me how to get a port number when it was too late to call. However, I did find that I was finally connected this morning.Not  suprisingly I also found that the complaints link did not work either.

Message 8 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Alibee @rammy2o Are you still experiencing these issues? If so, please do let us know and we can get someone on our end to have a look as well slight_smile

Thanks @Cleoriff and @jonsie for helping out!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9