cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not returning to 4G after call

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

The area where I live doesn't have VoLTE/4G Calling, so when I make a call my iPhone X switches to 3G. 

The problem is that it does not return to 4G after the call, no matter how long I leave it. The only way to return to 4G is to toggle Airplane mode or power off/on. 

All settings seem to be appropriate and the same phone (and settings) worked fine on Vodafone on EE. 

An O2 Guru told me that I didn't have the correct bolt-ons and claimed to fix that but I can't see that being the issue as my phone does connect to 4G, it just doesn't return to 4G after a call. In any case, the changes did not have the desired effect.

He has also arranged to send me a new sim however I'm seriously doubtful this will resolve the issue either. 

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently in Richmond, South West London and I can confirm that the issue is not present here.

This proves to me that the issue is present in some areas only and only for some devices (possibly all iPhones or all iPhones with a certain software version).

It does take slightly longer to go back to 4G than i see with an android device however it does happen fairly quickly and I’ve always allowed enough time for it to happen when testing.

Message 21 of 21