cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not returning to 4G after call

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

The area where I live doesn't have VoLTE/4G Calling, so when I make a call my iPhone X switches to 3G. 

The problem is that it does not return to 4G after the call, no matter how long I leave it. The only way to return to 4G is to toggle Airplane mode or power off/on. 

All settings seem to be appropriate and the same phone (and settings) worked fine on Vodafone on EE. 

An O2 Guru told me that I didn't have the correct bolt-ons and claimed to fix that but I can't see that being the issue as my phone does connect to 4G, it just doesn't return to 4G after a call. In any case, the changes did not have the desired effect.

He has also arranged to send me a new sim however I'm seriously doubtful this will resolve the issue either. 

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I seem to recall this been asked before on here and that was an iPX too.
A new sim would be the first thing to try but I'm not aware that the issue was solved for the other customer who reported it either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Seems a bit flaky at the moment. I disabled the option for the moment.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Might be worth disabling just the 4g calling part in phone settings on the iPhone rather than the entire 4g/wifi option.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried this but it made no difference.
Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
My wife has a 6 with wifi calling enabled and doesn't have the problem as as the previous issue was also an X I guess it must be limited to that handset or a combination of handset and settings.
Have you tried with wifi and 4g calling disabled completely in your MyO2 ?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
My wife has a 6 with wifi calling enabled and doesn't have the problem as as the previous issue was also an X I guess it must be limited to that handset or a combination of handset and settings.

Thanks for another suggestion.

I have just requested to remove WiFi calling and 4G calling and will see what happens once the request has been processed. 

Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's an interesting problem so keep us updated with anything you find please.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 7 Plus & If I have something like this then I switch off mobile data, leave it a few minutes then put it back on. Solves the problem every time 

Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Thanks for another suggestion.

I have just requested to remove WiFi calling and 4G calling and will see what happens once the request has been processed. 

I've now tested this and it had no effect. I have added 4G and WiFi calling again.

Message 10 of 21