cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No way to disable marketing texts ???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do O2 have a featured number to turn mobile text ads off (2220) - yet they still persist in sending ads after you've declined them? The ad they then send even has a 2220 notification at the end, when you ring it a pre-recording even tells you "you have selected no calls, no emails or texts".

Retarded, no way to block your provider on most handsets.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't find my device anywhere now..... tried clicking on respective phone numbers under this account & other sub menus. I give up. Is it me? Is it? Am I thick or something? Are these web pages designed by school leavers on apprenticeship? Layout is terrible, even trying to post on this thing it keeps glitching, telling me I'm using HTML.

Thanks for all your time, even a nice screen-cap there someone made the effort over, but fed up.

- Getting my P&G handset unlocked today.

Message 11 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Ok... do it the way I learnt...

Step 1 You go into My O2...

Step 2..Another page appears showing Pay monthly or Pay as you go (click the relevant box)

Step 3 Your device/account will be shown (click on your phone number)

Step 4 This brings up page showing My Device

Step 5 Look along one of the bar headers and you will see MORE on the right hand side of page. If you then click on More ...a drop down box with My orders and My choices is displayed..and there you go wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your patience and time, my layouts completely different than your description (Firefox perhaps?) Navigated to the relevant number (as before), finally found option to disable promotions. I'll give it a few days, hopefully should stop ads. Very nearly deviated to the dark side (Vodafone) this lunchtime.

Cheers all, appreciated.Crazy

Message 13 of 13