cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer receiving texts from Canada on PAYG International Sim?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For the past few days I haven't been able to receieve texts from Canada. I can still send texts to Canada which are received, as well as able to phone mobiles in Canada, but no texts from there get through to me. My girlfriend has already checked with her network provided in Canada and they say that there's no problems there, I got in touch with O2 and was instructed to try and change my Text Message Centre number, did that and still no change. My International sim card has been fine for 1-2 years now and it's only been these past few days.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
try an manual network selection on your phone, choose another network ie orange/voda, the phone will try to connect but fail the connect back onto o2, google how to do it if you dont know

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
just a guess but if you are using a samsung then you may have blocked the senders number, a few other phones have this option but not many, hope this helps
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think it's that. My Girlfriends sister tried to text me from a different mobile and the text still didn't come through so I don't think it's down to a blocked number. I'm going to try a new SIM Card and if that fails I'll have to get a new phone.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
try an manual network selection on your phone, choose another network ie orange/voda, the phone will try to connect but fail the connect back onto o2, google how to do it if you dont know
Message 4 of 4