cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data/ Intermittent data yet again

Anonymous
Not applicable

At which point does it become acceptable to ask for a refund/contract cancellation due to lack of service in one perticular spot?

for over a year now, I have experienced  poor data in a perticular location, and now realising that I can log in to status.o2.co.uk to find out if there is anything going on I am constantly met with

"Sorry we're currently working on a phone mast in this area

You might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails.

Our Network modernisation programme to improve 2G and 3G coverage and roll out 4G has reached this area. It does mean that you may experience intermittent service on your mobile device while our engineers 'do their thing'.

We’re sorry about that, but we’ll do our best to minimise any impact to your signal.

Updated 15:30 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet."

I know that all companies need to be able to fix things, but this uis happening more and more and is frustrating. When i got the contract I checked the coverage in the area and it was excellent, and now it doesnt appear to be so, what are my rights as a consumer? I know that other networks in the same area work perfectly.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can now ask customer services to keep you updated about your masts status by sending you a text or email.

O2 have been known to give goodwill gestures for prolonged downtime even tho they cover this in their T&C as advised in the post above.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your rights as a consumer are very little as O2 (and all networks) have these issues covered in their T&C's.
All you can do is keep on to CS and raise a complaint and keep pushing them for either financial compensation or release from your contract http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Make a formal complaint and see what they come up with but if it's in one particular area they cover it in the T&Cs. How long do you have left on your contract?

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can now ask customer services to keep you updated about your masts status by sending you a text or email.

O2 have been known to give goodwill gestures for prolonged downtime even tho they cover this in their T&C as advised in the post above.
Message 4 of 4