Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPad Pro 12.9” (4th gen) faulty

JHoliness
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently got an iPad Pro from O2 which is only just over two weeks old, but it now has an issue where a thin line of dead pixels will appear (sometime for seconds, sometimes for several minutes) in the same place on the screen. The iPad has not suffered any physical/accidental damage, hasn’t been dropped, hit, abused etc.

I have gone through all kinds of steps and troubleshooting to see if it’s a software issue somewhere but after failing to resolve it I’m fairly certain it’s a hardware defect/fault. I have AppleCare+ purchased for the device and I know I’m also covered under O2 as I’ve had the device for less than 30 days (and the fault has not been caused by misuse). I’m just wondering whether I should contact and repair/replace the device via O2 or via Apple, or if I even have a choice, as I really need the device (as a student) and can’t really be without it for too long.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@JHoliness 

I'd go straight to Apple.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@JHoliness 

I'd go straight to Apple.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

JHoliness
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice, I’m getting it replaced by Apple through their “express replacement” service.

As this new device will obviously have a different IMEI number, do you know if I should contact O2 to inform them of the replacement and change in IMEI number?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@JHoliness 

You only need to tell O2 if you have it insured through them.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

JHoliness
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks for all your help, appreciate it.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6