Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

Alexm123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all. I've just started upgraded my phone/plan whilst there was a good sale on the iPhone 12. They were offering 6 months free airtime. I ordered it yesterday, and I've already started the new airtime contract. However it looks like the full airtime amount will be taken from my bank. Am I paying for last month, and the next 6 will be free? Or am I reading something wrong here. Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi @Alexm123 

Check in My O2. Guide: Where is my discount or Extra Data? 

It does state this.

le on the starting tariff, are not transferable, and may be lost if you change to an ineligible tariff.

Get first 6 months free airtime when you buy Apple iPhone 12 5G 64GB with an O2 custom plan, then full price. Ends 13 Jan 2021. Data allowances must be used within the month and cannot be carried over.

Rep Example: £21.37 for the first 6 months on a 3GB tariff over 36 months, £30 upfront. Then £41.37 a month plus RPI changes.

O2 Refresh custom plans: Direct purchases only. Pay the cash price for your device or spread the cost over 3 to 36 months (excludes selected pocket hotspot and dongles). The device cost will be the same whatever you choose. There may be an upfront cost. You need a monthly rolling Airtime Plan as long as you have a Device Plan. Pay off your Device Plan at any time and you can choose to keep your Airtime Plan, upgrade, or leave. If your Airtime Plan ends for any reason you will need to pay your Device Plan in full.

UK calls/texts to standard UK landlines and mobiles and when roaming in our Europe Zone. Europe Zone data only. Fair Usage policy applies. Special and out of bundle numbers chargeable. 4G phone required to access 4G. 4G available in selected areas. 5G available in selected areas. 5G device, sim and tariff required to access 5G.

Change your airtime tariff after 30 days and then once every billing month during your minimum contract period, choosing from a selected family of tariffs.

@Alexm123You need to give your My O2 time to update. If you have any concerns then give O2 a call on any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Alexm123 

The tariff charge is refunded as a bill adjustment, when your bill is generated, for the next 6 months.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3