cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract with e-sim - phone delivered, but stuck in processing.

JollyRoger
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I've just ordered a new phone on a monthly contract and received the handset, but found that the e-sim was not working. Apparently despite signing the contract, paying, and receiving the handset, there has been some sort of technical problem on the networking end and the number hasn't been assigned yet. I've been told that it can take 5-10 days for networking back office to resolve the issue.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Did their new e-sim/number actually work, and how long did it take? I have to say this isn't the best first impression for a new customer.

Any advice or feedback is welcome.

Thanks and all the best

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149077 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@JollyRoger 

My esim was available immediately in my MyO2.

esim install.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 17

JollyRoger
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My 'MyO2' shows no products in my account, so I don't have that option available. This is apparently due to a back office networking issue.

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 149077 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@JollyRoger 

You'll need to keep pestering O2 then Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 17

JollyRoger
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You seem to know your way around here - have you seen any other reports of new contracts/ported numbers being bungled by back office?

Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 149077 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

Not specifically that issue @JollyRoger but many other issues of varying sorts lately.

Message 6 of 17

JollyRoger
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your help

Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 149077 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

Best of luck mate.

Message 8 of 17

Tebs
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi did you ever get this resolved I’m having a very similar problem. it’s stuck on processing, I have the phone the eSIM is there but my temporary number doesn’t work or the one I’m transferring from another provider. I’m coming on to week two of this issue and I’m always on the phone to customer service that keeps saying I don’t know how this happened I’ll make a ticket and call you back in a few days

Message 9 of 17

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7827 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

@Tebs 

Was your question directed @JollyRoger?

I've tagged them for you.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 17