Did you mean: 

New connection return

Shamrock_Sean
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have taken out a new pay monthly phone contract today but have changed my mind. O2 couldn't cancel it in time before it was sent out. It arrives tomorrow but what is my quickest option?? Refuse delivery,accept delivery and request return or can I return it to a store?? Can I get a store to pack it up for return and then I send it off?? I just want to send it back quickly and I paid £500 upfront cost.

Thanks

Sean

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123335 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Shamrock_Sean 

You have two choices when returning a device.

• If you purchased online or over the phone:

• Contact us and let us know that you’d like to return or exchange your device or accessory.

• You can choose between two options to send your device to us. We can either send you a trackable label, which comes with a QR code so you won’t need to print it out yourself – this is the quicker option. Or, we can send a labelled jiffy bag for you to use.

• Pack up your device securely and make sure the label is clearly visible. Remember to return everything that came with your device, including its original packaging.

• Drop off the package at your local Post Office. Just show the QR code to have your tracked label printed for you. Or, if you’ve chosen to use one of our labelled jiffy bags, just drop off the parcel.

• Once we’ve received and checked the device, we’ll issue your refund or send your chosen replacement.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123335 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Shamrock_Sean 

You best bet is to return it under the 14 day change of mind policy. You can't return it to a store though and personally I think it's too risky to refuse delivery at the door.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Shamrock_Sean
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah OK then I'll accept delivery and return it myself. Is there a returns pack inside the package?? If not how long does a returns pack take to arrive?? Thanks 

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123335 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Shamrock_Sean 

You have two choices when returning a device.

• If you purchased online or over the phone:

• Contact us and let us know that you’d like to return or exchange your device or accessory.

• You can choose between two options to send your device to us. We can either send you a trackable label, which comes with a QR code so you won’t need to print it out yourself – this is the quicker option. Or, we can send a labelled jiffy bag for you to use.

• Pack up your device securely and make sure the label is clearly visible. Remember to return everything that came with your device, including its original packaging.

• Drop off the package at your local Post Office. Just show the QR code to have your tracked label printed for you. Or, if you’ve chosen to use one of our labelled jiffy bags, just drop off the parcel.

• Once we’ve received and checked the device, we’ll issue your refund or send your chosen replacement.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Shamrock_Sean
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm fed up now as O2 said they spoke with DHL to get it to be sent back to O2 but now it shows as delivery tomorrow. And I can't speak to DHL it's impossible so I don't know how they did. All I want is to cancel it why is it never simple?? 

Message 5 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10275 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Shamrock_Sean 

Sometimes it can be too late even if o2 say stop it, DHL can't as it already entered their system, and they wont go searching for 1 parcel in 1,000's 

It might be that when it gets to your local depot it will get stopped. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 10

Shamrock_Sean
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tracking now says  RTS / TPC. What does this mean??

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

RTS is return to sender.

From what I can gather, TPC is related to the carrier @Shamrock_Sean 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Shamrock_Sean
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah of course return to sender so that's sorted then. I shall keep chasing it now then

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

It may take a week to get booked in at O2 so yes, best to keep chasing them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10