Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung S20

Janey2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have just received a new Samsung S20 in the post to replace my old phone which was on the O2 network. I want to keep my old number and have started filling in a form on the O2 app but it asks for the new number. I can't find this anywhere but it's a required field. I've googled and tried all the suggestions, including About Phone under Settings but says the phone number is unknown. There is a notification to say the SIM is not provisioned but I don't know what this means. Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Janey2 Use your old sim if it's the same size until things return to some sense of normality. If it isn't the same size you can usually make it so.

sim card (1).jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Are you moving from another network or another o2 contract?
Did you upgrade or take out a new contract (new number)?
If you upgraded, use your old sim (your new tariff will be on that).
If you were with o2 and took out a new contract, you will need to call and ask to move your number across to your new sim.
If you were with another network, you need to follow the guide below:
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 11

N-Star09
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What should i do if i am an already an O2 Customer

My Contract with my old phone has ended 2 months ago (Im now paying monthly data tariff with the 50% F+F discount already in place with my monthly device payment fully paid off)

I (hypothetically) bought a new 5G phone i want to get a new 5G sim and keep my old number from the 4G sim.

I am also wanting to switch to a new Sim Only plan

How do i keep my old number

Also how would i get O2 to stop my contract bill and to now take the sim only bill (when i eventually get a sim only plan)

Apologies if it doesnt make sense

Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 11

Janey2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi gmarkj

Thanks very much for your reply, much appreciated.

I was on a sim only deal with O2 before. I upgraded as soon as the new Samsung came out. They are saying not to call unless it's really urgent and you can't get online help now. I can't do a sim swap because you have to text from the new phone and when I try to do that it says there is no service. I'll try using my old sim but why do they send a new one if you can just use the old one? I have never had this problem before; with a new phone and new sim I've always been able to insert the sim and there is a number on the phone. I don't understand what 'sim not provisioned' means.

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 8 of 11

Janey2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions