Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,883

Re: Network Cell Coverage Lost.

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I break the contract because of this problem?

Guess that would be a no!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi i am in glasgow southside i have no coverage since 5 oclock i dont know when its going to ok i have no singles at all
Highlighted
Anonymous

Try the Vodafone (UK) network it seems there Network Cell Towers are working at this point of time.

I now have to use Vodafone because It's very important I have the Internet tomorrow and make calls
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Im in one room my son in another, i have no coverage but he does... stupid! come on 02. silly thing is if i put my sim in his phone i have signal
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 aren't keeping their side of the contract so why not?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I moved to O2 after a similar outage by Vodafone, that went on for half a day-so not sure they are any better
Highlighted
Anonymous

firstly soon O2 and vodafone will be sharing the same mast, so going to Vodafone is pointless. going to T-Mobile and Orange is worse, since they merge. Be surprise the best coverage now is what used to be the worse, which is Three!! In relation about vodafone itself, they had problems as well, just had one a year or so ago a major one that was nationwide as well. So it not just O2. About cancelling contract, no you can not, but you can ask for compensation. Depending if business or personal tariff, depends on what you can claim.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
@iceburnmarko Are you sure , how do you know? as I have not heard about this from O2 or the Press or the news or CNET but anyway Vodafone has there Cellular Towers up and running at this point of time. I need to important make calls and use internet for tomorrow.
Highlighted
Anonymous

How do you move to Vodaphone? Can you change the network on your phone?
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
No, You can't you can to move to Vodafone with you current phone number he is the information you will need for Transferring to Vodafone Network note you will need to phone O2 and ask to request you PAC Code (Porting Authorisation Code)" here's the information you will need to change to Vodaphone UK Network www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/price-plans/keep-my-number/?cid=rdr-2240-01