cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to swap o2 contract number from ordinary sim to micro sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

This morning I received a Sony Xperia T on o2 Pay and Go with a micro sim, I already have an o2 contract phone and I want the contract phone number (on ordinary sim) in my Xperia T.  Before I bought this Xperia T with a micro sim, I chatted online to two different reps, who both told me "yes, of course", it will be no problem to transfer one number to the micro sim.  Today I ring o2 and they tell me they cannot transfer my ordinary sim contract number on to the micro sim received with the phone and that they will have to send me yet another micro sim, which I will then have to activate, which is ok, but as you know, when you have received a new phone, you want to use it and not have to wait for four days (now, I am told, with the bank holiday).  Why did I bother checking this out first to then be told this?  Feel like sending it all back and buying elsewhere!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5, you in Friday as sending the parcel Thursday?

Message 11 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:
Do tell....what you got?:smileyhappy:

Any prizes for guessing wink

Any more guesses? Smiley LOL

My step daughter managed to drop her phone from the armrest into her cup of tea, clever trick if you can do it.

So I bought her a Nokia 610 for Christmas, which was what she wanted and she loves it.

The micro sim had a serial number quite different from a Pay Monthly one, and if you buy from the O2 shop they send a card for a Pay and Go handset.

So a quick *trip to the shop and they changed it and it was working within half an hour.

Superb service from the Castleford store. slight_smile

Plus I got a £20 Amazon voucher too! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
We thought jonsie was feeling generous slight_smile @steersy, yes mate, that's great, thanks fella slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the amazon voucher going to be spent on as they have a very good sale on?

Message 14 of 17

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the amazon voucher going to be spent on as they have a very good sale on?

No idea yet, I just banked it with Amazon for now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 15 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Thought you'd treated yourself to a Nexus 4 or an S3/mini perksie!:smileywink:

Message 16 of 17

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Thought you'd treated yourself to a Nexus 4 or an S3/mini perksie!:smileywink:

You know me jonsie, always last in the queue! Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 17