cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help - O2 Top up amount of £30 siphoned off to £0.00

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello people,

I thought this is the most appropriate forum to post, at the beginning of last week I had almost £30.00 worth of credit on my phone, within 2 days without any usage it reduced to something like £10.50 and again yesterday it came down to £4.50 and today, I noticed it is now £0.00 :mansurprised:

Just to clarify data roaming is turned off, 3g is turned off, location services is turned off, therefore I will only be charged for calls and texts. I can't understand where that money has disappeared to and while all this is happening I kept getting missed calls from 022 02, which I refused to answer. Can anyone tell me what is going on?....perhaps someone from O2 customer services can explain why my money has disappeared before I could even use it? :womanindifferent:

I am really cheesed off by this and will be considering joining Orange or Vodafone, as this is not something I am willing to put up with, it has really ruined my experience of being an O2 customer and I am pretty gob smacked to say the least.

I welcome all helpful suggestions.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only people who can answer this correctly is the people who can view your account, you will need to contact customer service as this is a customer forum.
Message 2 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
So this is an iphone. (from data roaming off)

Which one?

Which Ios?

What tariff?

Are you abroad?

And as wanty says only customer services can say where your money has gone.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85248 Posts
  • 591 Topics
  • 4463 Solutions
More info please virtualfx. Being P&G I presume you can no longer make calls or send text? Have you any bolt ons or are you on a Simplicity Tariff where the charge is deducted from your credit?
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, sorry for the late reply, just got back from work.

I will try to contact customer service today and see what they say.

@adamtemp64
Yes, it is an Apple iPhone 3g - 16GB, version 3.1.3 (7E18), it's on a Pay-As-You-Go tariff and I am not abroad (I wish I was). I've never had this problem before, it's a mystery why it happened now and I keep receiving these annoying messages to top-up, probably so they can help themselves some more. :robotmad:

@stevyjones
You are right, I can't make any calls or send texts because I have no credit now, I am reminded to top-up every 10 minutes or so by a text message I presume is originating from O2. I have no bolt ons, but get 500mb internet browsing + 100 texts when I top-up £10 or more for the month, I am not aware of an simplicity tariff.
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just rang customer services from my landline and enquired about the mystery charges, I am told since I have an iPhone I NEED to get the £10 a month iPhone bolt on (never heard that one before), otherwise I will keep losing money like I did this week, as the apps will keep updating all the time, even without my knowledge (I don't think that is possible).

I am also told that the logs show that I am charged late at night (1am) and early mornings as well, the thing is 3g is turned off and my iPhone connects to the internet via wifi when I am at home, hence no charge is incurred, even when I update apps, I have confirmed this by checking my credit balance, after it connects via wifi and finshes downloading, even now without credit I can surf the net and download and update apps through wifi.

Can anyone else confirm this? As I have been updating iPhone Apps like this for well over 2 years and have not experienced these bogus charges before. When I am out and about I have 3g turned off, so the apps could not update even if they tried, I am told by the customer care rep that it still updates some other way and this is common too, as this does not happen to all users straight away, for some users it will happen suddenly when they're unaware. :mansurprised:

After you guys finish laughing, if you have a moment I would like to hear your views.
Message 6 of 19

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Ok did you have the free web / wifi payg Bolton?

You may do better going on text and web payg

If you do not use the Internet on the iPhone modify the 3 apn's to rubbish restart iPhone these charges will stop.

Ios4 allows for cell data to be turned off. But it may slow your 3G but 4.1 when released sorts this slowing it has been reported.
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have that bolt-on, but I do get 100 texts free and 500mb (unlimited apparently) web access which is all I need.

I don't spend a terrible amount of time on the phone chatting, my primary requirement was the ability to use the web and Apps whenever and wherever I needed to along with the occasional text messages, most of the time wifi coverage gets the job done, in emergencies I tend to use 3g for web access, I can't justify topping up £10 every month for this phone as this is a second phone (only top-up to receive broadband discount) and I already subscribe to a pay monthly phone on a different network. I've never had this issue before, far as I am concerned, iPhone apps only update with permission from the user (otherwise they just sit there until you update it manually, it feels like I am being fobbed off by O2 customer services, as they can't explain why I was charged and their only recommendation is to get a bolt on.

PS. This is the message which keeps bugging me: -

Message from WAP: O2: You need at least 17p calltime credit to access your mobile internet service. To top-up call 4444 free now. More info @ o2.co.uk/terms
Message 8 of 19

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
try my apn advice but then you have no net access.

Which tariff are you on exactly because it sounds like the 500mb internet has gone.

But looking at your requirments I do not know of any of the tariffs on payg that for less than £10 a month give 500mb of data. http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/Pay_and_Go
Apple Watch series 4

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
the 02202 number calling you is O2 customer services, so worth answering it if you can, cheaper than calling them.

You say you turned off data roaming but not that you turned off all data so the iPhone and many of it's apps connect quite a bit. Surprised it was enough to eat through your 500mb allowance though.

Also what tariff is 100 texts and 500mb. I don't know that one. Have you been a customer a long time?
Message 10 of 19