cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE on iPhone in SN13 area.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had no reception on my iPhone since first thing this morning.  Data service is working fine from the household and business wifi in the house but phone is just giving "No service".  Is this a known problem in the area - Wiltshire borders between Bath and Chippenham or is it my phone?  Since last year's serious outage I'm more inclined to think an O2 problem but nothing on the status pages on the website.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, it was an O2 problem after all.  I tested my sim in another unlocked phone - same issue. I tested another supplier's sim in my iPhone - no problem!

No Service all day yesterday, very poor reception for about 10 minutes in the evening then back to No Service.  Same this morning, until I went into Bath - miraculously phone started working perfectly.  Back home early lunchtime, No Service and now all of a sudden it's back to full strength.

And rather belatedly, O2 status tells me there's a problem.  Could have saved myself a lot of time, but at least I don't need a new phone.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, it was an O2 problem after all.  I tested my sim in another unlocked phone - same issue. I tested another supplier's sim in my iPhone - no problem!

No Service all day yesterday, very poor reception for about 10 minutes in the evening then back to No Service.  Same this morning, until I went into Bath - miraculously phone started working perfectly.  Back home early lunchtime, No Service and now all of a sudden it's back to full strength.

And rather belatedly, O2 status tells me there's a problem.  Could have saved myself a lot of time, but at least I don't need a new phone.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I was too hasty, and far too optimistic.  it's far from solved.  After a brief interlude of acceptable reception (i.e. brief = less than 24 hours) I'm still battling with on and off - more off than on.  That's now 3 full days with less than acceptable service and impact on business as well as personal calls.  Do O2 offer compensation for extended loss of service?  How do I reset the "solved" flag?

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll probably find that they are carrying out work on the mast closest to your home, hence why the signal keeps dropping.

I had the same problem for a few weeks at the start of the year when work was being carried out to upgrade the mast near to where I live. Had no problem since then, in fact I mostly no get an H+ signal rather than just 3G!

Have you called customer services to report the fault or find out what is happening?

Message 4 of 4