cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number no longer exists !

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my o2 sim 2 or 3 times a year when I am in the UK and have done so for many years.

I have just gone to Myo2 to top up and it says I have no products registered.

The last time I used it it had 20 quid loaded on the number.

I thought you had 2 use it at leats once a year to keep alive.

Help !!  I'm off to the UK in a week and I want my number to work since all my friends and Family have known it for years.

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Trilog_NZ and Welcome to the forum.

You need to use it every six months by making a chargeable call and top up every 999 days to keep it alive.

I'd suggest phoning O2 Customer services.

On Payg from an O2 powered phone it's 4445 ,or from a landline 0344 8090222 if within the Uk.

From abroad it's +44 7860 980 202 - international rates apply.

Or use live chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If the mobile number has not been recycled they may be able to return it to you. Have you tried ringing it ?

They will also look at the Credit that has been lost.

Let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Trilog_NZ and Welcome to the forum.

You need to use it every six months by making a chargeable call and top up every 999 days to keep it alive.

I'd suggest phoning O2 Customer services.

On Payg from an O2 powered phone it's 4445 ,or from a landline 0344 8090222 if within the Uk.

From abroad it's +44 7860 980 202 - international rates apply.

Or use live chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If the mobile number has not been recycled they may be able to return it to you. Have you tried ringing it ?

They will also look at the Credit that has been lost.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 2 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sadly the same thing has happened to me. I always take my 2nd PAYG phone with me as back up when I go abroad...

Unfortunately, as I have never needed to use it for over a year I noticed 2/52 ago that it is no longer getting service. I realised then that by not topping up/making a call, that this sim is now defunct..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes the 6 month rule applies but I've had my son's sim reconnected after an 8 month period and the credit restored. He too lives abroad and comes back once a year. A call to customer service and the sim was reactivated although it takes a further 24 hours for credit to be restored.

It all depends whether the number has been reclaimed so it's well worth a call.

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Depending on the last time you used the sim to make or receive a call, my take is that the number is likely to still be available as they are normally held dormant for a few months before being sold in.

Please do give CS a call on the numbers posted above to see if your account can be reactivated. Whilst normally the credit would be lost you may even get that back!

Please do let us know how you get on.
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you manage to get it sorted think they should at least give you a new number with the credit on if they can't give you back your old number just my opinion
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope we see a reasonable outcome and update from the OP.
Message 7 of 23

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I hope you don't get charged a reconnection fee as T-Mobile did with me in a similar situation some years ago, but then they charge £10 for replacement SIMs too which O2 do not. slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 23

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 23

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Voda reconnected a PAYG sim of mine a while back and then put a marker on the computer to prevent it from been turned off again - Worth asking if O2 can do that with yours considering your usage cycle?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 23