cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very unfriendly communication via internet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i am abroad and can't solve my problem rather than via internet. First-is so difficult get the live chat, Second- if you are lucky and somebody comes and get know your information about problem they will promiss you solve everything in 4 hours time. Sounds nice but they didn't for me nothing. And now i have to pay monthly byt can't use my phone cos my sim card is disconnected. Very unprofessional. I am very disappointed and I am sure-will I stay with o2?

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

The pocket hotspot is a Mifi type device that works with a SIM cardthe same as the dongle so will have exactly the same reception as the dongle.

Was this bought in an O2 store or online? If a store return to store or if online you should have email confirmation of the order which may have a link for returns information.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Live chat has no connection problems for me today.

I'm sorry your having issues.

Is their no one with an O2 powered phone you can borrow to ring the abroad number ?

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Are you sure it's not the network itself and not your account.

Have you tried manually latching onto a network.

Can you try another phone as a process of elimination.
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning @Anonymous and welcome to the Community.

Is your account up to date payment wise?

Other than your sim is disconnected you haven't rant explained what the issue is.

Has your phone locked on to a mobile network in the Country you are in? If so and you are calling the UK you will need to put the UK prefix before calling any numbers

So a mobile number such as 07777 777777 would be 0044 7777 777777. (Number made up).
Message 3 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Please explain your problem in more detail so we can advise, however, account issues must be dealt with by CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have problems- I would like to simply e-mail- no option. Do not also assume everyone has a mobile!

Can I ask a question? I purchased an Alcatel bb dongle to use with my Lenovo tablet. What I did not realise is that it would have Windows software so it is of no use. Is there a way around this or how do I return Dongle?

Message 5 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Email support has now been closed down and O2 direct everyone towards using live chat.
If you don't have access to a PC, mobile or tablet to use live chat, the various phone numbers for contact are on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can understand some frustration at no email address I mean what large company doesn't have one? But I guess they think if you can get online to email you can get to live chat
Message 7 of 16

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  If you have only just purchased the dongle then return it to wherever you bought it from. If this was online then you shopuld have had returns information sent with it.

You may be better off with the pocket hotspot for your tablet which will also allow other devices to connect over wifi if required.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/hotspots/zte-mf60/o2-pocket-hotspot/

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason I am unable to edit. 

My apologies to the OP but where I put "rant" it meant to read "really". 

Apologies for any confusion and thank you to @Cleoriff for pointing it out. 

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can only edit within a small time frame.

I'm sure we knew what you meant but thank you for clearing that up. slight_smile
Message 10 of 16