Did you mean: 

My account is locked by fraud team

CavemanOW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I am a new customer with o2 via Virgin media. As apart of my new contract with VM I had to get a o2 sim (volt 350) I received my sim and all is well. A month later I got my bill for 19.07 instead of £6. According to  this site its because I have got a late payment charge. My account should be paid by DD and I have monies in the account. I tried to ring o2 customer services and they told me my account is locked by the fraudteam and for me to email o2fraudteam@o2.com I did that last week and again yesterday and noone has got back to me. I am not gonna pay a late fee and I cant find out why its been applied. I am afraid that the fraudteam isnt going to reply and therefore my credit rating is gonna suffer as a result. 

Im unsure of what I should do now. I really need someone to answer my email!

Can anyone here suggest anything?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Bambino I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @Mabori I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 11 of 17

Ash072023
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am having the same problem, I have contacted the customer services team who could not help. I had a sim already and purchased 4 more sims to transfer my family over. Now My phone and all the sims are barred. I have emailed fraud team as advised and also asked the customer services to escalate. Totally unhappy with the situation. Any help @O2Emma it would be helpful. Thank You 

Message 12 of 17

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37468 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

@Ash072023 wrote:

Hi,

I am having the same problem, I have contacted the customer services team who could not help. I had a sim already and purchased 4 more sims to transfer my family over. Now My phone and all the sims are barred. I have emailed fraud team as advised and also asked the customer services to escalate. Totally unhappy with the situation. Any help @O2Emma it would be helpful. Thank You 

You may have to persist with O2 via the Social Media Team, as described in the link just beneath this post, @Ash072023 - the advisors have been struck by some weird malady since yesterday afternoon, one that prevents them from seeing or responding to tags, it seems 🤔

Message 13 of 17

Ash072023
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn  Thanks for you quick reply. After several days I got a call from the Fraud team this morning. They apologized and are now in the process of unbarring my numbers and phones. I told them to check this forum with so many people at a loss with similar issues. Also suggested they look at there processes on how things can be handled better.  

Message 14 of 17

Rob007
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah- Could you help me as well please. I'm just reading the related comments. My account has blocked as well by fraud team, I have not got any reply to my email yet and I would really need my account and number back please, thank you

Message 15 of 17

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37468 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

You will have to persist with O2's Social Media Team or the phone line, @Rob007 - until the Fraud Team, who are notoriously slow, contact you directly. The Advisors we had here are no more, and when Fraud Dept gets involved, there are no direct lines of communication open to you, sadly. Good luck!

Message 16 of 17

Rob007
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @pgn , I do not have any dept. that's the strange in this case! I've been holiday for 3 weeks and they blocked me exactly on the last day! The question is, will I be charged for these days when I do not have any services at all ? (it won't be fair) because I do not have any control above them...

Message 17 of 17