Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Phone Contract Ends This Year What Do I Do When It Ends

Butterflyxx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hello so i have a 24 month contract on my iphone 6 the contract ends this august and i’m not very tech savvy so i was wandering what happens when the contract ends i really like the GBs and unlimited calls and texts so i’d love to keep what i have but everyone keeps saying to switch to a sim why do i have to switch and what is a switch to sim what does that include if someone could help thank you
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Butterflyxx 

If you are on refresh you will only have to pay for your airtime as the device will be paid for. In this case, you don't need to do anything. 

If not on refresh though, you must change to a SIM only deal or you will be paying too much. 

Your local O2 shop or customer service can help you choose the correct tariff.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Butterflyxx 

If you are on refresh you will only have to pay for your airtime as the device will be paid for. In this case, you don't need to do anything. 

If not on refresh though, you must change to a SIM only deal or you will be paying too much. 

Your local O2 shop or customer service can help you choose the correct tariff.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If on Refresh and you are happy with your present phone and tariff, you need do nothing. Your airtime will roll on month by month until you end your contract or upgrade.

Message 3 of 8

Butterflyxx
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i have an airtime plan and device plan will i still have to change
Message 4 of 8

Butterflyxx
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
sorry for the confusion i think i get it now so il continue to pay for my airtime and il still get my 50gb and all my unlimited calls and texts but i just won’t have the handset bill just my airtime is that right thank you for helping me also
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Butterflyxx wrote:
sorry for the confusion i think i get it now so il continue to pay for my airtime and il still get my 50gb and all my unlimited calls and texts but i just won’t have the handset bill just my airtime is that right thank you for helping me also

Yea @Butterflyxx 

That is correct.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Yes that's correct @Butterflyxx. Your device will be paid off and you will go on a one month rolling contract for your airtime. If you're happy with the tariff, you can just buy another phone outright, if you wanted to upgrade your phone, and use your old sim in the new phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You're welcome @Butterflyxx wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8