cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed 02 payment

Anonymous
Not applicable
Missed my o2 payment on the 17th , tried to contact customer serves but i did noy get thru.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Its been documented on here that payments made this way tend to go astray. Standing orders are totally different.

Message 11 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Its been documented on here that payments made this way tend to go astray. Standing orders are totally different.

O2 can claim they go astray as much as they like....your paying in slip to the bank is proof that you made the transaction surely? .....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 21

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

O2 can claim they go astray as much as they like....your paying in slip to the bank is proof that you made the transaction surely? .....

Doesn't stop the automated system barring the  phone. 

Message 13 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Doesn't stop the automated system barring the  phone. 

I know Steve...but that's an O2 system problem. If paying via bank remains an accepted payment method then they need to sort it out. We all work differently. If I paid via this method I wouldn't leave anything to chance... I would phone O2 to let them know payment had been made. (I know you shouldn't have to...but I would)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 21

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I go into a bank,  give them the sort code and account number and hand over x number of pounds, all done and dusted. Nope, this is O2! Send proof of payment and hope they can find it. In the meantime your phone is barred and you are using  the landline that you begrudge having to pay for because you are compelled to pay for as part of your wifi package! The UK is so far behind the real world.  I have wifi here and no compulsory landline needed at all. Third world country? No not at all!

Message 15 of 21

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Direct debit !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 21

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anyone cancelling the initial direct debit needs to pay the due amount on the due date. Simple yes?

Message 17 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Anyone cancelling the initial direct debit needs to pay the due amount on the due date. Simple yes?

You would hope so. Sadly after getting a contract some people see paying the bill for what it is...an additional burden

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 21

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

you are using  the landline that you begrudge having to pay for because you are compelled to pay for as part of your wifi package! The UK is so far behind the real world.  I have wifi here and no compulsory landline needed at all. Third world country? No not at all!

I've been saying that for years.......blame BT, they decided the cheapest method to connect to the internet was by using their outdated,unsuitable copper wire system. Even now with fibre you still have to use the telephone system.....totally blinkered approach to providing 21C comms product.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 19 of 21

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Well Virgin uses fibre optics and it's no better.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 21