Did you mean: 

Migrating from existing contract to new

Jillaboo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Help!! 

i upgraded through a 3rd party who work with & are affiliated with o2. Was told I couldn’t upgrade as such as issues with transferring number so to take out a new contract & phone 202 to migrate my number to my new contract & cancel the existing one. 
5 phone calls to 202 & a week later this still hasn’t happened. It’s such a simple thing & I keep getting fobbed off from the advisors that it will happen in 24 hours. Each will follow up & make it a priority & of course nothings happened!

it’s an absolute joke. 
I will be making a formal complaint but in the meantime does anyone have any wise words as I’d really just like it sorted!! 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Jillaboo 

Does anything in Guide: Migration & porting into O2  help you ?  

Message 2 of 14

Jillaboo
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately not. 
they tell me the request has been done but it hasn’t. 
so frustrating & the customer service of o2 is appalling. 

Message 3 of 14

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Jillaboo 

I suggest that you persevere with Customer Services for a few more days to try to sort this out. 

Whilst O2 have a formal complaints' procedure, a complaint takes about eight weeks to resolve. During that period, you will probably find that other O2 teams will be either unwilling or unable to work with you. Hence, a premature complaint can actually delay resolution rather than expediting it.   

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 4 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27794 Solutions

@Jillaboo 

If you were migrated from Virgin it isn't possible to migrate your number.

You will need to get your PAC and move your number temporarily to another network on PAYG, then port back into O2 on your new contract.

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 14

Jillaboo
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nope….stupid thing is it’s already an o2 contract I’m on so you would think it would be simple as! But because I didn’t upgrade through o2 directly but an affiliate of o2 they said I had to take out a new contract & migrate the number over 🤷🏻‍♀️

Message 6 of 14

Jillaboo
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep just as I thought. 
I’ll keep trying them but fully expecting to have to send the new phone back as my 14 day trial is almost up due to their incompetence at a simple task of migrating my number. 
honestly, baffled by it all! 

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27794 Solutions

@Jillaboo 

In that case, you must have been transferred to the new billing system by O2. 

Currently, third parties cannot upgrade those on 360.

You can still use the PAC method to cancel your old account and get your number on the new one though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Jillaboo
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah so I have no idea what this means…the 360? You think my new contract is on that as a new billing account which is why they can’t migrate my number? 

if this is the case, I thank you for giving me some kind of answer because 5 phone calls to customer services at an hour each time & still getting nowhere  is such a waste of my time! If only one of them could have explained it’s not possible & the pac code would be the way forward then it would have saved so much stress!! 

so, sorry just to clarify, if your saying I can phone customer services & request a pac code from my old (current) o2 contract they can port it to my new o2 contract? If so, I will definitely give that a go. 

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27794 Solutions

@Jillaboo 

You can text from your old phone Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

You then need to get a PAYG sim on another network and transfer your number to that.

Then get a new PAC after 30 days and port back in to O2.

New 360 system info here O2 System Updates – 360 - O2 Community

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14