cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast has been down for 3 weeks and o2 still havn't updated there service status.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The title says it all really, but I find it very frustrating when I company as big as o2 keep giving there customers the wrong information.

There is currently a mast down in my area Bh233eg it can be one of five, after several weeks of calling network services finally pulled there finger out and said YES THERE IS A PROBLEM I was then told by a manager that it will be fixed asap, but they still have not updated there service status checker to show this.

Come on o2 get your act together.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Azel,

Sorry to hear about that. As you have alerted Support to the problem via customer service, the checker should be updated soon now that they know members may be having problems there.

If it does not update soon, let me know.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Toby,

It still has not been updated :-(, also would you be able to find out how long repairs will take it's rather frustrating paying for a service you can't fully use.
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i wonder if this is why am having prob getting connec ted to wifi its doing my head in ?

Message 4 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hi i wonder if this is why am having prob getting connec ted to wifi its doing my head in ?

No, lack of a phone signal doesn't affect your wi-fi.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is getting ridiculous now o2 will not investigate this problem, so I HAVE, using 2 new Samsung galaxy s3 I have covered christchurch from Bh233eg to bh232bn and the best results I have received on the o2 network are 0. 88mbps on VODAFONE on the same phones I have received from 2mbps to 4.5mbps proof enough that the o2 network in Christchurch needs looking at, I have travelled to 3 closest towns to, poole, Bournemouth and Highcliffe they do not have any problems with mobile data speeds....... O2 please please look at this, I ha e even done the work for you this time.
Message 6 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 are unlikely to see your post here, you would have to call and report it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've called them for weeks they are claiming that there is nothing wrong with there systems 😞 I'm just hitting my head against st a brick wall, o2 WILL NOT do anything I am so disappointed with them.

All there blaming now is network congestion in my area and that they do not guarantee mobile data speeds :-(. Well I think I'm gonna give up o2 obviously don't care about there customers.

Looks like my only other resort in finding An HONEST ANSWER is to talk to ofcom.
Message 8 of 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
if not happy use the correct complaints proces http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(RelatedHe... then the impartial review option.

note it is not ofcom that deals with the deadlock situation.

edit after wrong link
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I'll have to look in to it, its a shame I have to take this route but I have no other option, all they had to do is send an engineer to Christchurch do a speed test and see things are wrong.

Buy they wont
Message 10 of 13