cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a Horrible Mistake- Any Help Appreciated

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone. Recently I've been talking to someone on the phone over the last few nights. The person lives in Ireland (another country) and I thought because FaceTime was done through wifi that calls to another Apple phone were as well.

Unfortunately tonight after several hour long calls I checked my bill to realise that I had racked up an extra 110 pounds in minutes. That says VAT hasn't been added and there's still a call tonight to be updated so I'm looking at being charged at least 200 pounds, probably more.

I know this is my own stupid fault and I'm beating myself up over it but is there anything I can do, that even involves changing my contract so I pay more each month that will avoid this insanely high one off charge all at once? I'm desperate for help right now, thank you so much in advance
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. I'm sorry to say, but I don't think there's much you can do to avoid these charges being taken in one go. All I can suggest is that you speak to customer service, and hope that you get a sympathetic person who might be able to work out how to spread what you owe. If it's at all possible, it might involve a call restriction on your account, but I'm really only guessing. Call 202 from your mobile. Do not try to resolve this using Live Chat. Speak to customer service as soon as you can. Don't delay calling. The sooner you let them know that you're aware of the error you've made, the better it will look for you. Best of luck. Please come back and update us on how you get on. It may help someone else who gets themselves in the same situation. I'm sure you're not the first person that this has happened to.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. I'm sorry to say, but I don't think there's much you can do to avoid these charges being taken in one go. All I can suggest is that you speak to customer service, and hope that you get a sympathetic person who might be able to work out how to spread what you owe. If it's at all possible, it might involve a call restriction on your account, but I'm really only guessing. Call 202 from your mobile. Do not try to resolve this using Live Chat. Speak to customer service as soon as you can. Don't delay calling. The sooner you let them know that you're aware of the error you've made, the better it will look for you. Best of luck. Please come back and update us on how you get on. It may help someone else who gets themselves in the same situation. I'm sure you're not the first person that this has happened to.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, you can set up a payment plan through CS but if will mean an outgoing restriction at least in your account until the bill is cleared.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

All contact details via this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus  As advised do not use live chat for this @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Ask to speak to the debt management team and I'm sure they will come up with a mutually effective plan . Good luck and I hope you get this sorted out in an acceptable way for you.

Message 5 of 5