Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Charges

J______Taylor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received a text while on visiting family abroad that I had reached my £51.50 limit. Genuine mistake, I hadn't turned off O2 sim to switch to e-sim so I was willing to let that go as a learning curve.

I logged into my account after coming back to find that these extra charges were somehow £84.63 instead of the £51.50 the text had told me it would be. 

There are two records that seem off to me in relation to each other; the first being 6.75MB costing £40.481 and the second being 50.04MB somehow costing almost the same at £42.881. O2 Customer Service isn't getting back to me on any platform so I'm at a loss at what to do since I'm a student who can barely afford the extra £51.50 as it is, let alone an extra £30.00 on top of it plus my monthly bill anyway.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@J______Taylor 

You will need to call the Payment Management Team, and come up with a payment plan. 

Call them on 0800 902 0217

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 5

J______Taylor
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That doesn't really help. There's no given reason as to why the bill is higher than the text stated and I'd really like to understand how a) 7MB and 50MB are somehow equal in cost and b) where the extra £30.00 came from in the first place. 

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

As we are a community forum made up of customers like yourself we can't access accounts so any answer would be a guess on our part.

Data roaming rates do vary when roaming 

Download your bill from My O2 and tie in the itemised charges near the bottom with your location at the time

Guide: How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@J______Taylor 

Data is £7.20 / mb (plus vat) so the first charge for 6.75mb looks correct when vat is added.

There is also a £43 bill cap when abroad using standard rates with no bolt ons so the second charge has hit that cap.

The only explanation I can think of for 2 charges is 2 billing periods whilst you were away, but the truth is, only O2 can fully explain to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5