cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS no longer works on Tab S 8.4

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the last update to Android. I can no longer send MMS picture messages on a pay monthly tablet. So called 'Guru' no 1 said let me look at your account....pause...ok it will work again in an hour or two. 6 hours later, 2nd 'guru' has now told me that my contract doesn't include mms and it never has.

My issue is it did work before the update and now it doesn't. I cannot send or recieve mms messages on a Galaxy tab s 8.4

Starting to remember why i left in the first place.

Got new settings from o2....not working 'server response error'

manually input settings... not working 'server response error'

Can someone tell me something that that wont be totally contradicted by the next 'Guru'

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144623 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Total incompetence !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I think you have reached a point where you are going to have to threaten to complain again.....as said earlier you are just going on a timewarp loop....Absolutely disgusting

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will be going to shop i fear. Then i can refuse to leave till its sorted 😈

Message 24 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will have this thread open so they can read it.

Message 25 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I will have this thread open so they can read it.

Good idea....its a novel way of getting something done. Lets hope it works...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 40

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The best of luck but you need to insist you talk to someone who knows what they are doing with regards to reprovisioning. I'm not too sure the store can really help you. All they can do is speak to customer service but it's worth a go.

Message 27 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there,

If the MMS is on the account, then it sounds that it's either not on the live network or provisioned on the MMS System. If customer services are saying that these are ok then the Guru should be escalating it....But you can always ask Customer services to passed it to a Manager, they will make sure it gets resolved slight_smile

Message 28 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to O2 shop finally. Spent 20 minutes with the guy talking to customer services and apparently on a Data only tariff, you cannot send MMS messages.

The O2 guy in the shop was equally baffled by this statement as he assured me when i first arrived that although MMS were not covered in my free messages i could send them on my tariff.

In fact when i log onto my O2 account, my tariff information tells me how much mms messages will cost to send.

Its now outside the timeframe for me to cancel my contract and they wont admit to misselling it to me in the first place.

I'm now stuck in a contract for another 21 months without being able to send a multimedia message.

Will be the last pennies O2 ever get from me thats for sure.

Message 29 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I dont understand this at all. In your opening post you said this .....After the last update to Android. I can no longer send MMS picture messages on a pay monthly tablet.

A presumption was made by us all that prior to the update you could send MMS?

I am quite confused now if honest. If you could send them on the same tablet with the same tariff....then why not now? Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 40